Soundcloud just froze my mixtape? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    So then you agree to cracked or hacked software?
    In general, no. Just because I upload a mix doesn't make me some kind of software pirate. You need to stop making these assumptions cause when you assume you make an ass out of you and... well only yourself really in this case. I admit, I had a cracked version of traktor pro for a couple of months because Traktor 3 ceased to be compatible with my computer when I upgraded to snow leopard (would crash after anywhere from 5-60 min), and as a poor student with a music habit I didn't have the money set aside to purchase pro immediately. Not saying what I did was right. Not agreeing with hacking software and all that. Just saying nobody is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Edit: and can people stop using the software comparison? How is it not obvious that this is something different?
    +1, seriously tito, what's your deal? You some kinda troll? Or maybe you're some guy who knows a thing or two about law and thus thinks you can school us all. Seriously man, it's like you're slagging us because of being DJs... and DJs make mixes, it's why I started DJing to make my own mixes to listen to. This IS a DJing forum, why the hate? (See? I can make unreasonable assumptions too! )

Oh and PS: I forgot to mention that I rarely mix stuff that is owned by huge corporations and the likes because I don't like much mainstream music. Now my dislike of corps. is a completely different matter. How I would crack a walmart, I'm not sure... probably with a sledgehammer but that's just wanton destruction.
    Last edited by Citizen_Insane; 12-23-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    I forgot to mention that I rarely mix stuff that is owned by huge corporations and the likes because I don't like much mainstream music.
    using troll/ hipster logic, you SHOULD post mixes of this mainstream music you dislike because no only would it be artistically ironic, youre also not paying for this music.

take that UMG.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

can you guys post a Tracklist of the mixes that are getting frozen?

it'd be nice to know what artists & labels to avoid.

perhaps we could have a sticky thread so that other djs don't make the mistake of buying these people's music for mixing and then being told they can't publish the mixtapes.

illegal or not, djs buy their music for creating mixes - if the labels don't like it then they can recoup the losses on their own dime when djs stop buying their shit.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 12-23-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Yep - got my first one this morn. Soundcloud has had a meteoric rise but mark my words will evaporate without DJ mixes....

Tech Guru

Wait does this mean the same thing for mixcloud?
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Wait does this mean the same thing for mixcloud?
    well sound cloud is meant for audio and stuff in general, but MIXcloud....
    Last edited by theory28; 12-23-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    well sound cloud is meant for audio and stuff in general, but MIXcloud....
    I have a gut feeling Vimeo is behind it all!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    can you guys post a Tracklist of the mixes that are getting frozen?

it'd be nice to know what artists & labels to avoid.

ive only had trouble with Universal over this stuff....

has anyone had any of this happen using mixcloud? i dont have one but if i can post my mixes there without getting bothered that'd be awesome. (I buy all of my music btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Student

Hi, first post, but I just had a mix pulled as well. The copyright holder was ADA UK so I think it was because of a Benassi track

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Because it is illegal to upload to the web ANY music you do not have the rights, so strictly speaking it is illegal to upload mixes from other artists and if the artist/label or any single person point to any mixtape they have to shutdown. Sometimes i do not understand the double morality of members of the forum, making an scandal for hacks or cracked software but in the other hand they do illegal things quite often, like uploading mixtapes. And the funny part it is more illegal, in a way of saying, uploading music than downloading, you can even go to jail for uploading not downloading.
    I think this post best somes up the torrent/hacked/cracked/p2p/napster(lol) issue here on DJTT:

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    this is a great docu.. more about electronic music in general with focus on djs at points
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-isHOxV8E
    So not to be off topic here, but u guys are cool with posting obvisly illegal posts on youtube of copy written content. but tack issues with pirates bay/torrrents? hmmmm that seems sort of idk, hypocritical.....

I have a dvd of modulations i got years ago, but i cant imagine the film makers would want there work illegally posted on you tube....

Just my thoughts.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast