Wow i hate my hometown, - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Filterkat

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    oh my god. he jacked your demo! thats horrible!
    Haha, its ok, i went on and ranted about it to all my DJ mates up in brisbane, who kind of play all over the shop... id say i have a mate that DJ's/has a residency in at least 2/3 of the brisbane clubs... and every single one of them asked me who this guy was, so i told them. they basically all said "he will never get a gig at our club if he tries"

so i was pissed off for a week or 2 but then kind of forgot about it, then 6 months later i get about 8 or 9 phonecalls within the span of a week, all saying, "dude, remember that guy who claimed your demo a while back? well he tried giving us a demo, its shit... and hes not gonna be playing at our club"...

I had a residency up in brisbane at the time aswell, but i spent my weekdays on the coast, so i get up to brisbane on the friday night, i get to the club, and my promoter is there waiting for me with a cheeky smile on his face... he hands me a CD and says "remember this guy?" i look at the name on the CD and its the same guy, with his phone number on the CD. so i went outside gave him a quick phonecall and told him not to expect any phonecalls back from any of the clubs he gave a demo to and not to expect any gigs in brisbane anytime soon.

From what i hear, hes still on the coast, playing in the same club

To quote the immortal words of the Beastie Boys, Paul's Boutique, "What goes around Comes Around"
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

i think name drops are ok in demos, only if they come with a note saying its a watermark and you never use them live
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    where you from homes?
    Falkirk, An hour from Glasgow.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    No too far from me then. I'm in Hamilton.

Got to agree though, there are too many places round here with shit Djs. They either can't mix or play crap tracks.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by hesitant View Post
    No too far from me then. I'm in Hamilton.

Got to agree though, there are too many places round here with shit Djs. They either can't mix or play crap tracks.
    Or just other peoples mixtapes.

I cannot really rant about my home town.

Kelowna, British Columbia
    Its home town to Excision, Stickybuds, Datsik and now Downlink who is originally from Prince George, BC.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Get yourself to the Sub Club sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by droctavia View Post
    Get yourself to the Sub Club sometime.
    Wheres that, Glasgow?

A rant thread, cool lol. Not really DJ related, more general nightlife but ok. Yesterday me a and a mate with his gf went out for a few drinks at the club where a mate was spinning to check him out also after the family get together christmas stuff. When we went home on the street there were 5 or 6 idiots suddenly all over us, trying to mug us and throwing punches and kicks everywhere. It was actually pretty funny because one of them was like 4 or 5 feet tall so after they had been going ballistic at me for a few minutes they decided it didn't do any damage so they ran away, we called the cops, they were arrested and we had to give our statement, which took 3 hours and made for us to get home in 4 hours instead of the usual 10 min walk. nice start of christmas. too many idiots in my hometown unfortunately.

/end rant

sometimes there is cool stuff though in my town.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast