NI kontrol M1 (member mockup) - Page 14
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

smart faders? the ones in the middle?
    you might want to add some buttons for modifiers/shift/modes. especially when you want smart faders & knobs.

looking at you're thread these controllers could very well be easier to make then your turntable controller.
    A jogwheel is probebly quite hard to make... I cant really tell since I've never made anything.

I have the jog-wheel pretty well figured out, the hardest part is making the actual "wheel" look right.

The "smart-faders" are the three extra crossfaders in the middle, supposedly to allow per-frequency fading between tracks. This would probably require ableton, but I'm working on incorporating some more ableton-friendly features into the controller too.
    I'll take note of the buttons, good call. If you feel like laying out something on your own, using my top-drawing, feel free. Might be a little easier to explain that way
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Mentor

I think you could map those fader to pan/EQ in traktor too. tho only in 2 decks, not the master.
    You could map the faders to two EQ parameters, one inverted, and limited to a certain level. so you wont overdo the EQ'ing

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    You made some modifications. Looks nice.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

You guys have my full support...

it's awesome...I love your concept...

Send them to NI and DJTT

maybe make a video on youtube to explain the concept...we need to spread it

This dream must come true !!
    Music, music, music....

Tech Mentor

I hope they've already picked it up. in the controllers, mods and gear reviews, this thread is one of the few with over 100 posts.
    in fact it's the sixth most replied thread in this section of the forum. in a few weeks.
    must be seen by a few moderator (Ean maybe)

update: I'm working on the kontrol 2 series
    I will post the complete collection as soon as I've finished it.

Im woking on the X2 now. will be deck controls, so pitchbend, pitch fader, trasport browsing, loops etc. anyone want to add something?

anyone got any ideas on how to incorporate touchpads in a kontrol T2? kaoss style maybe?
    Last edited by joostiisme; 01-24-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Can't wait

Touchpads are a bit hard to work with in real life, especially multi-touch ones, especially-especially if they have a screen below them.
    The problem is not how to control them, but more a matter of actually GETTING them.
    I've been looking around for multi-touch pads of any size for a good while now, and the only companies that sell them do so in bulk quantities, usually 100+ or 1000+.

I haven't the money to throw a line for a bulk order. But if I had, oh I would go crazy
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Touchpads are a bit hard to work with in real life, especially multi-touch ones, especially-especially if they have a screen below them.
    The problem is not how to control them, but more a matter of actually GETTING them.
    I've been looking around for multi-touch pads of any size for a good while now, and the only companies that sell them do so in bulk quantities, usually 100+ or 1000+.

I haven't the money to throw a line for a bulk order. But if I had, oh I would go crazy
    ergonomic touchpad
    was featured on DJTT a while back.
    KP3 style would be nicer tho:

imagine having one of those touchpads with some sample buttons etc, kinda work the same as the korg units do, but no synthesis

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    I hope they've already picked it up. in the controllers, mods and gear reviews, this thread is one of the few with over 100 posts.
    in fact it's the sixth most replied thread in this section of the forum. in a few weeks.
    must be seen by a few moderator (Ean maybe)

update: I'm working on the kontrol 2 series
    I will post the complete collection as soon as I've finished it.

Im woking on the X2 now. will be deck controls, so pitchbend, pitch fader, trasport browsing, loops etc. anyone want to add something?

anyone got any ideas on how to incorporate touchpads in a kontrol T2? kaoss style maybe?
    Any type of Touch pad is gonna raise the price if its more than xy

I would like to see an FX specific jogwheel that would allow DJTT style fx mapping. Like in all honesty right now, I use my DN SC2000 as a fx conntroller
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Mentor

the range so far:
    touch unit not added yet. might come soon

Kontrol FX2 hasn't been changed since earlier post

Kontrol M2 mixer unit

Kontrol X2. X1 edit, no FX controls, more focused on tempo, loops, and transport

thats it for know,
    try to figure out what mapping I've got in mind, I did not add any labels.
    comments, likes, dislikes, features to add etc? please tell!