NI kontrol M1 (member mockup) - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by funlife View Post
    I've been searching for a controller that has no jogwheels and would give me optimized Traktor 4-deck control. A soundcard isn't necessary either as it'd be easier to just use my audio2dj (straight into an amp or spare channel of a mixer).

I've been enjoying this thread and below is something I think that would be perfect for my needs. What I came up with is kind of a remodelled s4. You'll have to excuse my below-par photoshop skills but I think you can get the idea.

There's a few controls missing but I left out things I usually don't change that often to keep size down for portability. Before i resized it for the thread it was 30x24cm.

I'd like to add a key knob for each deck somewhere and maybe a scroll/scrub knob. The new version of Traktor may require different controls.

Suggestions/feedback?

And if anyone has come across a controller that's close/comparable to this I'd love to know

Attachment 4545

edit: apologies, know the resolution isn't great
    I like that concept

Tech Mentor

thanks wish it was more than a concept haha. I've been flicking through the diy threads/websites. There are 132 controls in that picture so don't even know which chip would support that. And I imagine it would cost a fair bit to make

when my Arduino turns up I'll see what it can manage - some of these controllers might be feasible.

Tech Mentor

sounds good, i'd been keen to hear how you go with the Arduino

Tech Mentor

Hope this is fine to put this here - didn't want to start a new thread (as I'm still in the consideration stage but am keen for some opinions).

Originally I wanted to build an s4 mod (see picture in above post) but decided this would demand an intensive brain (probably a Livid as my programming skills aren't upto more open-source brains such as Arduino).

Not feeling confident if I would be able to get it all together I thought that a good substitute might be 2 Kontrol x1s with a DIY 4 channel midi mixer in the middle. This essentially would give me the same control as my original design. For the time being I'll probably only have 1 x1 (cost) but that will give me enough control over decks A+B and C+D I can use more sparingly.

The design of the mixer is similar to the mixer section of what I what I was thinking originally:

Attachment 4786

I'm planning High, Mid, Low EQ and then I would like a Key knob on each channel. I'd be happy to have this as an effect but as far as I know, none of the effects in Traktor can substitute for the key knob.

I'm thinking a UMC32 which would cover all these controls (plus an additional four knobs..perhaps filters).

I'm trying to keep size down for portability..thinking the same dimensions as the X1 (so similar in concept to the earlier posts in this thread). I'd have to have a usb hub to connect the x1 and the DIY mixer (laptop only has 2 usb ports and need one for audio2dj), I should be able to get away without a powered hub while maintaining low latency?

Would be interested in your thoughts/feedback/opinions on the controller/the UMC and anything I might have missed. I'm still very much in the planning (and acquiring funds) stage but hopefully will get this off the ground soon.

Also reaslied I'll have to wait till the new UMC chips come out, hopefully in April. http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9108

Cheers

My god the talent on this forum really cool stuff lads keep it coming

Love to know why NI didnt do something like this when they first designed the s4 and x1??? because surely they taught of it.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Wizard

4midiloop........

Quote Originally Posted by funlife View Post
    Hope this is fine to put this here - didn't want to start a new thread (as I'm still in the consideration stage but am keen for some opinions).

Originally I wanted to build an s4 mod (see picture in above post) but decided this would demand an intensive brain (probably a Livid as my programming skills aren't upto more open-source brains such as Arduino).

Not feeling confident if I would be able to get it all together I thought that a good substitute might be 2 Kontrol x1s with a DIY 4 channel midi mixer in the middle. This essentially would give me the same control as my original design. For the time being I'll probably only have 1 x1 (cost) but that will give me enough control over decks A+B and C+D I can use more sparingly.

The design of the mixer is similar to the mixer section of what I what I was thinking originally:

Attachment 4786

I'm planning High, Mid, Low EQ and then I would like a Key knob on each channel. I'd be happy to have this as an effect but as far as I know, none of the effects in Traktor can substitute for the key knob.

I'm thinking a UMC32 which would cover all these controls (plus an additional four knobs..perhaps filters).

I'm trying to keep size down for portability..thinking the same dimensions as the X1 (so similar in concept to the earlier posts in this thread). I'd have to have a usb hub to connect the x1 and the DIY mixer (laptop only has 2 usb ports and need one for audio2dj), I should be able to get away without a powered hub while maintaining low latency?

Would be interested in your thoughts/feedback/opinions on the controller/the UMC and anything I might have missed. I'm still very much in the planning (and acquiring funds) stage but hopefully will get this off the ground soon.

Also reaslied I'll have to wait till the new UMC chips come out, hopefully in April. http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9108

Cheers
    there's a rumour that the new UMC32 will support encoders...

Tech Mentor

Mm would have been good if NI had made something like this already, perhaps they don't think the no-jogwheel market is big enough? I'm not sure.

Yeah was thinking encoders would possibly be the next thing on the UMC (don't know that I'd have a use for it - at least, not on this design)

Tech Mentor

So anyone thinking of doing this? The new umc looks like it could work with this.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.