problems with my s4 + pro 2 PLEASE HELP
    Tech Wizard

Unhappy problems with my s4 + pro 2 PLEASE HELP

After I imported mappings for my midi fighter pro, my pro 2 has never ran well. I've tried to reinstall the software multiple times but I still have these problems.

The software glitches and freezes. Audio skips beats sometimes, and the audio grid hops around. I've tried to change the latency like someone suggested, it helped a little, but didn't correct it fully.

What's a good range of latency to be in?

Again, this all happened when I imported midi mappings a few months ago. I initially tried to uninstall the software and reinstall after. A major question I'd like to be answered is, if I reinstall the pro2 software, does it overwrite any previous pro 2 software that's left on my Mac?

Thanks a lot!!

Tech Wizard

Try to just uninstall then search for config files left over, it might not be removing them. Try updating to the newest hardware driver for the S4 too.

Latency is different for every computer. Basically the slower your comp the larger you WANT!!!! to set your latency. Faster your comp the smaller your CAN make it.

anything below 20ms is ok, 10ms is great. Anything lower you better have a really nice laptop or be spinning on a desktop.

To test and lower your latency, loop tracks through all decks and turn on effects on all decks. Stress out your comp as much as you can (run ONLY traktor and other programs you need when you preform with)
    Then go into settings and push the latency slider down until you hear the sound start to crackle, then push it a tinch back up.
    Hopefully with all the tacks looping and effects roaring you can hear the difference when it starts the crack up.

Here's a blog post that goes more in depth.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/05/0...a-brief-guide/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

A good way to set your latency is to turn on all FX banks run four decks play music. Then lower the latency until you get pops and then rais it a little. Do you have extra mappings in there? If you don't need the mappings go ahead and delete them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x