Traktor equivalent/alternative to Serato Video SL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris View Post
    Why not control the videos with the MIDI-Messages you already have for Traktor?

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26540

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfC64Eln2Q

If you tell me what MIDI-Notes you use, I'll program those in for you.
    Ok. First of all Im learning-while-practicing so bear with me . Im sure many others will benefit from this as well. How to check which midi-notes you are using and pretty much what are those in simple terms?

Idea is pretty simple. Drum, kicks, claps.... all have a clip to trigger. You choose with ones. melody will accentuate transparency color saturation etc. Gain could add a negative (stencil) effect.... Sort of mapping photoshop most basic functions to videos. Also maybe throwing in there some user selected picture slideshow... This is pretty much what Resolume do. The problem lies in which traktor function would trigger X effect of transition. Setting it up would be kinda difficult and you would most probably need a secondary PC connected somehow....
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

where can the NI survey be found

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    where can the NI survey be found
    That's what I was just wondering.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Normally when using Traktor, you use a custom midi-mapping. On those you can simply check for the Midi-Notes or CCs send and make a list of these. In Quartz-Composer you use a MIDI-Input patch to get the Values of each Note and CC, which you then can use either on videos or live 3D-Models, lights, blending, foto-effects. All rendered in real-time.
    The video I posted is simply a live-rendered EQ-Representation, meaning: It looks at the different frequencies and renders models/bars/graphic based on this.
    The link leads to the posting I did some days ago which has the Plugin included.
    I mix stuff on my things...

oye quenepas, why not just get Serato, a SL-1 and SL-Video. I know its a pretty tough investment, but Rane and Serato gear resell is really good. As for SL-Video, It works pretty good, I tried the demo on my macbook pro and its pretty sick. Ill on the hunt on getting a serial from someone that doesnt use it anymore. Back to your question, why kill yourself on trying to sync and run a midi clock for something that might not work.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12