Traktor 2 CPU? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traktor 2 CPU?

I can stick my oar in here and say it idles at about 5%, if that on my Windows 7 PC running a Core2Duo 2.8GHz CPU.

Also, on a Intel Celeron 1.9GHz CPU (what is originally a) Dell Windows laptop running Mac OSX 10.6.7, I'm idling at about 5-10%, if that.

Therefore, if it's happening on Macs, seems to be linked to Apple hardware rather than the OS as OSX runs it fine on my Dell laptop, even with a cruddy old 1.9GHz Intel Celeron M CPU.
    Last edited by Bunford; 04-11-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

I hammered on my lil Toughbook all weekend and while I did manage to get my CPU meter in the red it never clicked, popped, or dropped audio. 4 tracks + effects and anything else I could do. S4 or timecode+X1. I found that DVS definitely pushed it the most.

Toughbook CF-W8
    1.2GHz Core2Duo - 4GBs RAM
    Win7 Pro 64
    Audio4DJ 2.0.15 drivers.
    TSP2

Wifi was off and running in full screen mode.

a temporary fix that i use with TP1 when im using the internal sound card on my lappy, is to turn of the effects units when youre not using them. (from the middle, not the global section)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

It's not crashed on me, but I have had the Traktor CPU meter going nuts at times. Particularly loading several samples one after the other in quick succession.

I've also been telling people it's a more sensitive meter, but I have noticed audio crackles at times and I've got my latency significantly higher than I had it in 1.2.7.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I had some freaky issues to start with. I transplanted my old traktor settings from TS1 and overwrote the TP2 settings.

TP2 then took ages to load, the CPU was maxed out and I had pops and clicks everywhere.

Proceeded to nuke the settings file, loaded back up, no issues since.

My PC on Win 7 idles at about 20 - 30%. Ive not had any problems with 2 timecode decks, 1 intenal, 1 sampler & all 4 effects banks. Butter.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Just to make you fellow Mac guys feel at rest. Open up Traktor (and only Traktor if you're that worried) 4 decks, an effect on each, keylock IF you use it, (I don't personally) then open up Activity Monitor and see for yourself. On the top area for individual programs, I have Traktor clocked in at 56%. Where as on the bottom where it shows, User, System, and Other - User shows at 33% CPU, and that's with me having firefox open, facebook chats going off, and having a youtube video running. So yes, its a bug/new way NI just wants to show CPU usage. Oh well, long as your activity monitor says you're in the green, you're good. Also - inside Traktor, my bar is around 34-45% idling and with those 4 decks and FX going on. So I'm not worried about it, when I'm at home (in class right now) and I was running last night, it was around 10-15%. So, it changed, must be some weird variable. Just live your lives till they comment on it or fix it if its not performing as intended.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    On the top area for individual programs, I have Traktor clocked in at 56%. Where as on the bottom where it shows, User, System, and Other - User shows at 33% CPU, and that's with me having firefox open, facebook chats going off, and having a youtube video running.
    The User/System/Idle will always add up to 100% because that's a percentage of your entire system.

However, any individual app can go over 100% (if you have more than one core and it's multi threaded) because that's a percentage of a core.

See attachement for a quick example.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    I had some freaky issues to start with. I transplanted my old traktor settings from TS1 and overwrote the TP2 settings.

TP2 then took ages to load, the CPU was maxed out and I had pops and clicks everywhere.
    Same thing happened to me, hence I've started fresh.

At the mo T2 isn't ready for gigging, I've got my latency wound up over 3 times what I had it on 1.2.7 and I'm getting snap crackle and pop just when I'm beat juggling, add key lock to the party and that really piss's it off!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by D_G_ View Post
    The User/System/Idle will always add up to 100% because that's a percentage of your entire system.

However, any individual app can go over 100% (if you have more than one core and it's multi threaded) because that's a percentage of a core.

See attachement for a quick example.
    My post was meant as an explination. I know that it adds up to 100%
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    My post was meant as an explination
    So was mine, and it was the second half that was important.
    Think of it as an extension of yours, not a retort to it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast