Suggestions for further improving the firmware - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm all for the 14-bit midi

I would also rather have a plain vanilla firmware where no button or knob sent more than one message and all the buttons just sent midi messages and didn't link to any othe rbuttons or functions or pages etc...

This would allow much more ability to program everything in midi translator and traktor... something closer to 1.2 but without the weird things like the effects buttons being linked the effects section and such...

also control over all LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by thebeatworx View Post
    This is why Ean suggested that we stick to firmware 1.2 when trying to do custom maps with the VCI right?
    With the advent of Traktor Pro and modifiers, I believe alot of Fader Fx mode can be emulated.
    Everyone should be using 1.3 because its much better than 1.2 in bug fixes alone but you should be programing in 1.2 to not deal with multible messages. i have yet to be able to re-create the fader FX functions in Traktor Pro- if anyone else can find a way I would be most grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiee View Post
    I would also suggest to have "Touch On / Off" Notes also in Seek Mode and to have different Midi Notes for the "Pitch Bend" Jog Events in both Vinyl and Seek Mode
    this will break all previous mappings- is it really that important?

Quote Originally Posted by fcarsana View Post
    3) 2 other signals for x-fader (like 2 knobs): one for the left side (0-127) and one for the right side (0-127)
    can you tell me exactly how you would use the double crossfader?

Quote Originally Posted by deeflash View Post
    I would also rather have a plain vanilla firmware where no button or knob sent more than one message and all the buttons just sent midi messages and didn't link to any other buttons or functions or pages etc...
    I really have to agree with a previous poster here and state that there are some hardware shift states that are required (the jog wheel scratch/seek and the FX bank for instance) This allows us to build different characteristics for the hardware into each layer.

Ok- I am in the final stages of defining this firmware so get your feedback in now guys!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    can you tell me exactly how you would use the double crossfader?
    Yes, sure! ;-)
    In that way we can use the crossfader as FX X-Fader: on the center position both dry/wet knobs are at 0%, if you move the X-Fader on the left, FX1 Dry/Wet increase and on top left, Freeze... the same on the right, but for FX2...
    So, it will be cool if on the top left and on the top right there are two freeze notes...

Hope you understand...
    Last edited by fcarsana; 02-04-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Tech Wizard

this will break all previous mappings- is it really that important?
    Nope, don't think so. From my perspective, improving LEDs and maybe killswitches would be more important .... and ... being able to actually order an upgrade kit with the new and improved firmware, of course

I hope I'm not to late for my request Ean, or if it's actually possible.
    Maybe it's possible to change the firmware, so that I can use the scratch/juggle
    buttons for another functions.
    I use only the (light on) scratch function.
    maybe is it possible to assign the scratch or juggle function in TPro software (always on?).
    or maybe just one knob for 2 jogwheels.

I hope this make sense.
    Last edited by Anthony More; 02-22-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Tech Wizard

I assembled all of my issues with the default VCI-100 firmware in this thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3690
    (that by the way got locked, and I got referred to this thread, which really doesn't adress many of my issues since this is a VCI-100 SE thread if I'm not mistaken?)

Anyhow... how do you create your own firmware Ean/Admins? Do you have an Vestax hookup helping you out, our have you figured it all out by yourselves?

I'd love to dig in and do some firmware modding, if just anyone pointed me in the right direction (and of course share it with everyone on this board)

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Vestax provides the firmware to Eans spec.

We dont have access to the source code, know any master hackers?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Vestax provides the firmware to Eans spec.

We dont have access to the source code, know any master hackers?
    Of course I do.

Alright... are there a complete list of all the button and knobs midi-notes somewhere for firmware 1.3?

This isnt a VCI-100 SE thread, this is for all VCI-100's, both the original and the SE included. This VERY much applies to your issues, infact so much that every single one of your requests is already being delt with as we speak within this thread - and anything that hasnt already been mentioned in this thread i have talked to Ean about personally and is being delt with.

If you got hacker friends download the firmware and get them starting to reverse engineer the firmware! Im sure a few members of this forum would even donate some $ for the effort when it was finished, i know i would !

VCI-100 = VCI-100 with Firmware 1.1 - 1.2
    VCI-100SE = VCI-100 with Firmware 1.3
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast