Suggestions for further improving the firmware - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    This isnt a VCI-100 SE thread, this is for all VCI-100's, both the original and the SE included. This VERY much applies to your issues, infact so much that every single one of your requests is already being delt with as we speak within this thread - and anything that hasnt already been mentioned in this thread i have talked to Ean about personally and is being delt with.
    Alright, then I obviously missed that.
    How much is left before we have created a "default" VCI firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If you got hacker friends download the firmware and get them starting to reverse engineer the firmware! Im sure a few members of this forum would even donate some $ for the effort when it was finished, i know i would !
    Now I'm a bit lost... Just to get things straight:
    Ean sends specifications to Vestax, and is then sent a working firmware back with the settings of his choice. Why is there any need to reverse engineer the firmware back at all with this Vestax hookup?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autonic View Post
    Now I'm a bit lost... Just to get things straight:
    Ean sends specifications to Vestax, and is then sent a working firmware back with the settings of his choice. Why is there any need to reverse engineer the firmware back at all with this Vestax hookup?
    This oversimplifies the process some what, it takes a long time to organise these changes , and software engineers are far from cheap so vestax is spending money to impliment these changes for Ean, hence they arent going to be interested in continuing to release updates everytime someone thinks of a cool feature.

With source code every body with basic programming skills could have a shot at personalising the VCIs functions to meet their own needs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    With source code every body with basic programming skills could have a shot at personalising the VCIs functions to meet their own needs.
    Oh Yes!!!!
    To Vestax: Open source PLEASE!!!

We can make a petition and try to persuade Vestax to release the source code...

Tech Convert

My main suggestion are:

- 14 bits MIDI.
    - All knobs in mixer section sending double MIDI signals (left and rigth) and kill switches.
    - Pitch sliders also sending double MIDI signals (really usefull for improving precision with such a short faders...).
    - Improving MIDI out for all buttons.

When version 1.4 is going to be available?

Thanks again Ean, you really rock!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Emiyanez View Post
    My main suggestion are:
    - Pitch sliders also sending double MIDI signals (really usefull for improving precision with such a short faders...).
    Hi,

I know that in version 1.3 pitch sliders send two different MIDI signals, depending on the mode, for pitch or effect control (IMO, not really important with Traktor Pro modifiers...). Here, what I am suggesting is completely different... One MIDI signals when moving up from the click point and a different one when moving down to improve the resolution and the precision of pitch selection (similar to the way the filter knob is working on firmware 1.3...).

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan
    This isnt a VCI-100 SE thread, this is for all VCI-100's, both the original and the SE included. This VERY much applies to your issues, infact so much that every single one of your requests is already being delt with as we speak within this thread - and anything that hasnt already been mentioned in this thread i have talked to Ean about personally and is being delt with.
    Are there a list of all of the modifications somewhere? MIDI-wise that is, I'm not interested in a specifikation of the particular midi-mappings inside traktor.

Not yet the details will be released at a later date.

Tech Wizard

Alright, thanks a lot.

Can anyone with knowledgeable insight tell me if the VCI-100 hardware is capable of 14bit MIDI?

Im excited to see the direction the VCI-100 will take with these new changes. but for some reason I cant see the 14bit MIDI out put happening.

More than welcome to enlighten me if Im out of line for thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    Can anyone with knowledgeable insight tell me if the VCI-100 hardware is capable of 14bit MIDI?
    Interested to know this as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast