Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can drink a shit load more before my hand eye coordination lowers. And the medication doesnt really affect my mixing cause i usually dont take a full dose on the night i mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

I got some crazy ADHD, but I don't really take my meds. They make me feel mindless, and that is a real drag when I sit down to make a track and end up organizing my desktop by icon color. Meds are for when I need to sort my music collection

@OP: Yeah man, I feel ya. I have an awful case of attention defi...

OMG, that picture is totally on beat with the snare in this song I'm listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

case/point

Tech Wizard

Organise your desk by icon colour? Hehehe. Sounnds familiar. That is what I find myself doing. Getting distracted by ugly icons in my dock and scouring the Internet for new ones. Especially absorbing when there is something else, more important, to do.

It's true. I don't really drink but, if I do (and I've taken my meds), I can drink odious amounts and still remain sober. I guess the stimulant counters the depressant effect of the alcohol in some way. They cancel each other out. I like to avoid both when I'm playing out, though. Alcohol blunts my hearing whereas my ADD meds just, well, change it.

@ mostapha Great explanation. Now I understand why my doc referred to Adderall as a 'mixed salt'.

@photojojo It's great the meds are working for your son. I wish I had been caught earlier. My grades were OK but I have a photographic memory and got by on that. Don't you have to be careful about the meds stunting growth, though?

I was playing at a big club in London and the doorman searched me and found my meds in my bag. They had my name on but he told me to collect them on the way out. Not cool. Worse still, when I went to collect them at the end of the evening, half of them were missing, a fact denied by the rather 'animated' bouncer. Shameless!
    Last edited by inov8; 04-18-2011 at 01:23 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inov8 View Post
    @photojojo It's great the meds are working for your son. I wish I had been caught earlier. My grades were OK but I have a photographic memory and got by on that.
    Very likely, he only takes them on school days and not over the summer. I think if had started taking them when he was eight or nine that may have been more of an issue. Since he just started taking them regular this year and just turned 16 and is the tallest person in the house I don't think we need to worry about that a whole lot.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12