Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Yeah I watched the midifighter tutorial and tried holding the top left pad for bank A etc...didn't work and im guessing its just because of the hardware.

New question though, I'm trying to add another tsi file for the instaFX midifighter mapping to use on my maschine controller and hopefully be able to shift+> to get from one mapping to the next quickly.

Would I need to add another ncm file to maschine for this? Could I use the ncm file supplied in this thread?

Not sure how to go about using other midifighter mappings with my maschine, any advice would be appreciated and yes I know I'm a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    in a real MF if you press the same bank select button as the bank u are in while holding an effect then it "holds" that effect. all bets are off is u play another effect tho in the same or other bank. pretty sure that will end up disengaging the "held" effect as each decks bank uses the same effects units ofc.

i presume each bank of your maschine (A-D) is setup to send out the same messages for the top row - so to hold an effect you'd press the top left button if wanting to hold an effect while in bank A etc as opposed to pressing the actual bank A maschine change button.
    Yes, it works this way using the Maschine Midi Fighter NCM file, as well (although when I first configured the NCM file, it did not work correctly). If you have a series of pads held and you like the effect, then tap the A/B/C/D deck button (one of the top four) to hold that effect in place while you manipulate stuff elsewhere.
    Ben Grimm | DJing Gear: Macbook Pro | Traktor S4/TPro 2 | Maschine | Technics SL-1200mk2's |
    http://soundcloud.com/ben-grimm is where you can hear me | muffintop.tumblr.com is where you can see stuff I think is cool

Hey hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I've had. Was at a friends house trying to install this setup. Loaded the ncm file in the controller editor and the settings seem good. When I press the pads the corresponding pad on screen changes and the out signal in the top right corner flickers red. All good. However when I load the tsi in Traktor and change all ports to maschine nothing happens. When I press the pads the ctrl indicator at the top doesn't flash blue so Traktor doesn't seem to be reading any of the midi signals comig from the maschine. I can't get my head around why nothing is happening.

Sorry for the waffle. My head is spinning with this because I can't figure out why it's not working. Any help gratefully appreciated!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Check which Maschine port you have set - I noticed in the latest update to Traktor, Maschine now shows up twice in my list of ports, I had to reset the TSI file to use the second occurrence of the port in the list from the pop up menu. Since Traktor abbreviates this name, I can't really tell what the difference is from before, but changing that put my setup back in order, it hopefully will work for you as well.
    Ben Grimm | DJing Gear: Macbook Pro | Traktor S4/TPro 2 | Maschine | Technics SL-1200mk2's |
    http://soundcloud.com/ben-grimm is where you can hear me | muffintop.tumblr.com is where you can see stuff I think is cool

Tech Wizard

This is amazing man, big ups!!!

Tech Student

This is a really fun mapping, thank you!
    How do I keep effects 1 thru 4 on both A and B decks? When I am using effects on deck A effects it seems to disable effects on deck B and vice versa. Any help would be great!

i think that's a limitation of the actual instant grat tsi - depending on what you're doing - since they will all use the same effects units the same way.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I would like to try this out soon but I have a question about installing the TSI. How do I 'merge' this with my existing Maschine mapping? I'm thinking I could remap all my existing pad settings to groups E,F,G,H but I don't know quite how to proceed from there. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Tech Convert

So im trying to map my maschine mikro like a midi fighter. I run traktor through my s4 and i want to be able to use my maschine mikro as a midi fighter - please help - how do i map it and what mappings do i need to do this? A step by step guide would be great as im new to this mapping stuff.

Tech Student

im not sure what to do with Zip file from up top. is there any way someone can post the .tsi file for me to directly download? im using a MAC if that makes any difference

thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast