Deck Copy Autoplay Map, Traktor Pro, VCI-100 - (And Poll) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fcarsana View Post
    In my configuration "load only to stopped deck" is ON and deck copy WORKS...
    For the other option, I don't remember, I'll check it this evening...
    Same here. Mine works fine with this turned on... I won't play with this option off... I end up loading into a playing deck... that's noooooo good.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    What do you mean by "deck is locked"?
    I mean that "load only to stopped deck" is ON...

Oh yes! Now I understand...
    It's obvious that if "load only to stopped deck" is ON you can't copy...
    Don't tell me that all your "deck copy problems" depends on this option...
    If deck is playing and it's locked you can't load and you can't copy on it!!!
    Of course, thats my point!

But you wrote:
    In my configuration "load only to stopped deck" is ON and deck copy WORKS...
    In my head those statements are directly opposit.

And no, all the "deck copy problems" didnt depend on that option. It turned out (thanks to Zac Kyoti) that "stop playback at end of track" also had to be off for deck copy to work in my setup.

Tech Guru

Guys, I want to make sure we're on the right track here. The thread is not about whether we can copy a deck. There's never been an issue with that. That only depends on how you have "load only to stopped deck" set and whether or not the target deck is playing when you try to copy.

It is about whether or not we get fully synced instant play on the target deck when copying. So as it turns out, with "stop playback at end of track", checked, it doesn't work. With it unchecked, it works great.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-27-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    A) Does it work for you or not?
    No - It copies alright, but wont start playing

B) What version of TPro are you using?

C) What Firmware version are you using?

D) What operating system?
    OSX 10.5

E) What tsi are you using?
    Eans 1.6
    ive got the same set up as above.

if i have both "loading only into stopped deck" and "stop playback at end of track" UNCHECKED, it will copy and play in sync as desired ONLY IF the destination deck is already playing. if the destination deck is stopped, deck copy only copies the track into the destination deck but does not play it.

if i have "loading into stopped deck" CHECKED (as i would prefer for obvious safeguard reasons)and "stop playback at end of track" UNCHECKED, deck copy will copy the track into the destination deck but will not play it if the destination deck is stopped. if the destination deck is playing, deck copy will not copy the track at all and deck flashes "deck loaded - stop deck to load new track" as expected
    Last edited by brianpkelly@hotmail.com; 01-28-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    ive got the same set up as above.

if i have both "loading only into stopped deck" and "stop playback at end of track" UNCHECKED, it will copy and play in sync as desired ONLY IF the destination deck is already playing. if the destination deck is stopped, deck copy only copies the track into the destination deck but does not play it.

if i have "loading into stopped deck" CHECKED (as i would prefer for obvious safeguard reasons)and "stop playback at end of track" UNCHECKED, deck copy will copy the track into the destination deck but will not play it if the destination deck is stopped. if the destination deck is playing, deck copy will not copy the track at all and deck flashes "deck loaded - stop deck to load new track" as expected
    Yes, exactly the same as I experience, and has described

Tech Guru

It's a drag. I got my hopes up for a moment when I discovered the command "load to stopped deck" in the load section. When I set it up though, I found that it cycles through all stopped decks (in a 4 deck setup), picking the next deck in a set order and doesn't allow you to specify which deck you'd like to copy to. So if you like that insurance (i know I do), 4 deck users should hit up NI for letting us designate a specific deck to load to using "load to stopped deck" command.

In the meantime, my workaround can be used and I'm also trying to work out another for when prefs are set to load only to stopped deck. It's messy though. Not sure it can be done.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-29-2009 at 05:49 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

great work guys- thanks for getting to the bottom of this. I will test the findings and post results on the blog.

Tech Wizard

A) Does it work for you or not?
    No - It copies alright, but wont start playing

B) What version of TPro are you using?

C) What Firmware version are you using?

D) What operating system?
    OSX 10.5.6

E) What tsi are you using?
    Eans 1.6

Even with both of the aforementioned options unchecked i'm having no joy.

The only difference is for some reason the copy works as before without autoplay but the tempos don't match on the destination deck.

But to make things even snazzier. After i attempt to copy between decks (this works but no autoplay and the tempos dont match) the next time i select a song in my browser for a different deck it will load and automatically play.

sigh

Head/bang/brick wall

Zac or anybody who it works for could you post a screen shot of your "loading" settings i think something in here is affecting it other than what has been mentioned.
    Last edited by burndownthediscos; 01-29-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast