MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

My second knob on my cue master doesnt do anything.. what is it suppose to do? and is the first knob always a filter??

the left one is always filter. the right one always amout of FX 2 of Bank 3..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

Yeah my right knob and fader arent doing shit and my beatmash stuff is doing delay instead

*Figured it out. You using the import button on the bottom left is crutial for the tsi mappings. If you try to do it in the controller settings (like I am used to) it wont assign the right stuff
    Last edited by Nordhau5; 07-26-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Tech Convert

Default Mapping Video

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    @ flashflooder

First of all, still absolutely loving this mapping! When can we get the promised instructional video? This mapping has been out for well over a month now. Personally I would like to confirm some of the expected behavior of this complex mapping.

I have noticed that only two of the Supercombos from the IG mapping work (Combo B - masher, and Combo C - buildup pause).

Also I would like to see a demonstration of the Slicer FX as I'm not sure that I'm getting the expected results. I've looked through the mapping comments and I'm pretty sure that the results I'm getting are not what were intended by the mapping.

Personally I would really like to see DJTT finish what they started with on the new MF Pros before moving on to new projects. Your devoted customers and fans deserve proper product support and documentation. Thanks guys!
    Could not agree more with this. First, I admit to being a total NOOB in the MIDI-Fighter world (you have to start somewhere), and I understand that people should dig around and figure things out. I have been doing that and have no problem with it in the least. That being said, I ordered a cue master pro, have it hooked up with my Kontrol S4 and the focus mapping. The thing is, having never owned any midi fighter before, I really cannot tell you if it is doing all that it should be. Given all the mappings and knowledge that is out there, it is pretty tough to piece all of that together to know you have things working correctly. I bought the Kontrol S4, MF Pro #2023, the TMA headphones, etc. all at the same time and the S4 video certainly helped get me going. So, that being said, I will be a long-term follower of this site and customer. As a business person with a very demanding professional job, I have a blast coming home and playing with this stuff. When these new products are launched though, you have to keep in mind that there are people that are new to this that need support. Thanks for all the great products and information that is on the forum. Also, if anyone has links to videos of someone using a cue master to its full potential, would love to see this as well.

Best, Shea.

Tech Wizard

I would like the gratification mapping for the MF Pro: Cue Master but with still the same mapping for the faders, rotators and the 4 little buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by DJGRE View Post
    when I switch from deck b>c then to 'D' it switches to browser mode and I lose sight of decks c and d until I manually switch back to any of the other 'view' modes. Do you know how I might be able to fix this or edit it?
    If you would like to remove the Deck Layout from changing (with B->C or D->A) go into the Controller Manager, select the MF_Deck+IG v.1.5.7.3 mapping, sort by Comments, and Delete the two lines commented "Deck Layout"

Quote Originally Posted by DJGRE View Post
    the only other bug i've noticed is just when pulling some tricky effect combos the midi fighter freezes... in the sense that the effects stay on - I turn them off with my mouse and then I have to unplug and replug the midifighter to get it to register. Obviously this could be unsettling live. Any advice?
    This is strange and not something I have seen to date. My initial guess would be that it has to do with the computer you are using. I would test your MF Pro on a different computer and see if the issue persists.

If you find that the issue still occurs with further testing, please let us know.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    There is two parts to the mapping?
    Please explain thanks
    I believe Mclovin has adequately explained this already but Yes, both the "MF Pro FX..." mapping and the "MF_Deck+IG v1.5.7.3" are both necessary for the mapping to function properly. You will need to set the In-Port and Out-Port to your appropriate MF Pro for this mapping.

The reason they are split is because all Ean's MF Pro Traktor mappings share the same functionality for the 4x4 arcade button grid (the MF_Deck+IG v1.5.7.3 mapping).

This allowed me to work on the MF Pro specific sections of the mapping for each model without having to redo all of the arcade button section for each mapping. This also allows one to switch out the mapping for the arcade button section if you like a different mapping or want to make a custom mapping.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont! View Post
    1) Is the row of masher buttons only supposed to work for Deck B? Or am I missing how to switch that? Shift+Sync to change deck focus isn't doing it.
    The Beatmasher row of buttons should work on all Decks and my testing confirms this. My guess is that the Deck Focus (shown by the Deck letter being highlighter orange) is not changing when you are pressing Shift+Sync to change Deck Focus. The effect routing depends greatly on which Deck is focused for the "Focus" mappings.

If this is the case you need to go into Preferences->Global Settings and set the "Deck Focus" to "Software". Now you should see the Deck Focus moving on your screen when you press Shift+Sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont! View Post
    Edit edit: Deck B reassigns the Bmash effect to Delay randomly now. Tested in a new user on the computer and experienced all the same issues. Went so far as to back up my settings/collection and uninstall/reinstall Traktor, but I'm still experiencing the same behavior.
    If the effects aren't loading as expected (e.g., Beatmasher buttons triggering a Delay) it nearly always means that the TSI Effect Settings did not import properly.

This is a common Traktor issue that is fixed by re-importing the TSI file again using the Large Import button on the bottom left of Traktor's Preferences screen. If you use the Add..->Import button in the Controller Manager, Traktor will not import effect settings, so you need to use the Large Import button.

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    regarding the two different mappings..

is the one just for the knobs/fader/Fx preset and the other one for the arcade buttons?

if so, one could load the knobs/fader mapping and the IG mapping for the MF classic and enable 4 banks mode.. right?!
    Yes.

and Yes.

Aside from making the mapping creation process much easier for me, splitting the mapping into the arcade button section and the extra Pro section allows just what you explained. I figured there were a fair amount of people already familiar with a MF Classic mapping that would want to use that and add some extra commands with the Pro controls. If you do use an existing MF mapping with the extra MF Pro FX section mapping there may be some effect conflicts though. This will likely just mean that some buttons that load and set up effects will take two presses instead of one, the first press changing the fx type and the second activating it.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast