Tech Convert

I need help doing so...
    Dj.Joe Neurotic (Felon666)

Tech Convert

I need help doing so...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dj.Joe Neurotic View Post
    I've had my Rmx console for about two months... I really like it... virtual dj could use some upgrades but it gets the job done... I heard it works good with Traktor Pro so I went and got it this past weekend... Now I am all stressed out for the reason that I Can't configure The console to work with the Traktor software... Can anyone out there help me? I have some gigs lined up and no working software. I can't find my virtual dj back up...
    Hey Joe -

I have both the RMX and Traktor Pro and it indeed does work well.

First thing you'll want to do is make sure that you have the proper MIDI profile loaded. Hercules makes one available here -->
    ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/TDJS/current/TP_DJ_Rmx.zip

Unzip the above file into your Traktor Settings folder. Mine is located in <user>/Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor/Settings (I use MS Vista - adjust to your situation).

Start up Traktor and import the TP_DJ_Rmx.tsi that you just unzipped by going into the Preferences menu, selecting Import and then browsing to the above file.

Finally, start playing with the sliders/pots/buttons on the RMX to make sure they are registering in Traktor. There is a small MIDI indicator at the top of the screen that should light up whenever you touch any of the above. Also, there are instructions in the zip file that tell you what function is assigned to each button/pot/slider as well as a map of the MIDI CC assignments for each control so that you can customize the controls (highly recommended you tweak the default mappings to your liking - it's fun).

Let us know how it goes.

... I can't find my virtual dj back up...
    If you open a ticket through your virtual dj account on their website (http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html) they will send you the version of VDJ you need. In the meantime look for your database (it is probably called "VirtualDJ Database v5.xml") and make a back up before you reinstall. There are instructions on how to do this in the manual.

Tech Convert

Thanks guys I will this and let you know the outcome... You guys have been so helpful!!!!!!

Tech Convert

Hey empolo,
    It didnt work... At the bottom of traktor pro a warning appears saying application has been ignored... I don't know what to do and Native Instruments has not been a big help...

Tech Mentor

Hey empolo,
    It didnt work... At the bottom of traktor pro a warning appears saying application has been ignored... I don't know what to do and Native Instruments has not been a big help...
    Couple of questions:

1. What is the exact error message?
    2. Can you post a screenshot of the error?
    3. Any luck on the NI boards? That's probably going to be the best place to get a hint as to what may be happening outside of NI Support.

Tech Convert

Error reads "Acessor information has unknown version, Therefore it has been ignored. I have no idea what that means...

Tech Mentor

DJ Joe --

I googled the error ""Accessor information has unknown version, Therefore it has been ignored." and came up with a few hits.

In all cases, the person getting that error was using version 1.0.0 of Traktor Pro and was able to get around the problem by updating to version 1.0.1. The current version is 1.0.2.

Which version are you running? Have you tried updating to the latest version?

Tech Convert

I got version 1.0.0 Should I update? The only update I find is version 1.0.2 I updated 2 days ago and in the traktor screen My internal mixer had no crossfader knob... So I uninstalled it and reinstalled my original software...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast