VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 12
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Any updates on my issue?

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=48

Edit: Also, my platters are not controlling tempo bend as they normally do (midi messages are being sent per the red LED).
    No updates on this issue. Are you using fw1.4? I left all of the fw1.3 commands in the mapping but didn't test in on an older VCI-100.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by klaemo View Post
    Hey guys,
    i fixed the LEDs of the four transport buttons of each deck. They should now work as expected, which means:
    - Play/Pause lights up accordingly
    - Cue lights up when pressed
    - Echo/Slice buttons light up when the effects are active
    - when in Juggle Mode, the buttons light up if a hotcue is stored at that position

Feel free to test it and please let me know if something doesn't work or if you want me to fix other bugs.
    I was also thinking about remapping the jogwheels to allow quick seeking when not in vinyl mode.
    I haven't tested this yet but I will definitely do so and assuming they are all good, I will integrate into the next official update release. Apologies for the LED issues, I have an arcade and we didn't have an SE in the office while I was testing it.

However, I might not integrate your Juggle mode LED mod. I totally understand the reasoning behind it and think it's great that you did that, but I think it's a little safer to always have some LEDs lit on those bottom buttons to remind you that you're in Juggle mode so you don't accidentally jump to a cue pt without meaning to. But if a few ppl speak up that they prefer it that way, then I think it's fine.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Angusf View Post
    Creds to all the top work on these mappings guys.

I have my own small contribution.

If you want the echo freeze and slice buttons to work with TPRO2, I've modified the original mapping here with the mappings on Ean's original 3.6.4 mapping - hence, it works the same, parameters are the same etc...

When I get around to it, I'll also copy over the fader FX mode mappings the same as eans.

Props to Flashflooder, but for those that want the original settings, I'm here to help.
    From memory, the settings should not be any different for the Slice and Echo buttons in this mapping so I'm a little confused. What did you find that was different?

Tech Wizard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post

However, I might not integrate your Juggle mode LED mod. I totally understand the reasoning behind it and think it's great that you did that, but I think it's a little safer to always have some LEDs lit on those bottom buttons to remind you that you're in Juggle mode so you don't accidentally jump to a cue pt without meaning to. But if a few ppl speak up that they prefer it that way, then I think it's fine.
    true! I'd also like the led color change in juggle mode (like in 3.6.4.)
    while testing the 4.0 mapping it happend a few times that i didnt notice to be in juggle mode!
    Macbook Black, VCI 100 SE 1.4, Audio 2 DJ, Traktor Pro 2

EHRTOURAGE

Tech Convert

Hey folks,
    here is an updated version of the mapping with the following changes:

• LEDs work as expected (check my earlier post on this)
    • reverted back to v3.6.4 FaderFX behavior. that means: FX Unit 1 for Deck A&C, FX Unit 2 for Deck B&D, selecting the presets also works the same as in v3.6.4
    • when scratch mode is deactivated the jog wheels now allow seeking through tracks instead of Jog Scratch&Tempo Bend
    • when in FaderFX mode, tapping on the jog wheels now also activates the effect when Scratch is turned off

besides that you still get the full 4.0 Traktor 2 functionality incl. sample deck control and whatnot.

also, after a lot of mucking around i came to the conclusion that the ttfx-not-engaging problem is a Traktor bug, not a mapping problem.

Have fun and enjoy! Feedback welcome.
    thanks for doing this but unfortunately i'd prefer not to have the other changes in this version (and i'm not sure if its just me or the tsi, but hitting the deck c and/or deck d button does not switch the layout to 4 deck mode, so thats kind of an issue) (also another thing i noticed, while in non-scratch mode, seeking occurs while a track is playing... wouldnt it make more sense for the platter to tempo bend while a track is playing and for touching the platter to seek while the track is stopped?)

and also, in fader fx mode, i still think it makes more sense for turning the platter to effect the parameter on the first effect and not the dry wet of the chain... the pitch fader should then control parameter 3... if anyone can explain to me why this doesnt make sense i'd love to know why

perhaps i could be walked through how to get the old fader fx integrated into this tsi?
    Last edited by kevinmcq; 09-08-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Tech Wizard

another update: this is basically 4.0 with 3.6.4 FaderFX mode (no personal changes)
    • LEDs work as expected (juggle mode now behaves like v3.6.4, too)
    • reverted back to v3.6.4 FaderFX behavior. that means: FX Unit 1 for Deck A&C, FX Unit 2 for Deck B&D, selecting the presets also works the same as in v3.6.4
    • fixed layout switching, which got lost in my earlier version
    • when in FaderFX mode, tapping on the jog wheels now also activates the effect when Scratch is turned off (bug mentioned by flashflooder)

The bugs were legit problems in 4.0, so I fixed them and 3.6.4 FaderFX behavior is what a lot of people wanted. I left out my personal changes I included earlier.

One thing I noticed, the Play/Pause LED doesn't stay lit up...but I think that's how 3.6.4 handled it, too.

edit: attached new version. i copied over too much of the old behavior. the loop recorder controls in the top right section of the VCI also controlled the slicer. fixed now
    Last edited by klaemo; 09-11-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Hi, thanks for all the mappings, all perfectly work except for the sample autoplay feature. I tried every single one and still cannot get my head around it. I play the track, loop it, press the appropriate buttons according to deck A or B, but it doesn't pause no matter how long I wait and the samples don't play. I've seen this issue in previous pages, but there seems to be no solution. I've got 1.4 and traktor 2, and all the other features work perfectly!
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Tech Convert

another update: this is basically 4.0 with 3.6.4 FaderFX mode (no personal changes)
    • LEDs work as expected (juggle mode now behaves like v3.6.4, too)
    • fixed layout switching, which got lost in my earlier version
    • when in FaderFX mode, tapping on the jog wheels now also activates the effect when Scratch is turned off (bug mentioned by flashflooder)

The bugs were legit problems in 4.0, so I fixed them and 3.6.4 FaderFX behavior is what a lot of people wanted. I left out my personal changes I included earlier.

One thing I noticed, the Play/Pause LED doesn't stay lit up...but I think that's how 3.6.4 handled it, too.
    woop woop thanks for doing that real quick.. noticed one bug though.. looks like the code to make the volume fader turn FX unit 1 and 2 on and off are still in there... if unit 1 is off on the left, you activate fader fx, and move the volume fader, unit 1 activates, when the fader is returned to the full position, fx unit 1 turns off... same thing happens on the left side with fx unit 2
    Last edited by kevinmcq; 09-09-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Tech Convert

I like the return of the old effects / faderFX in Klaemo's mapping, nice work bro.

I also like the new LED arrangement in juggle but Flashflooder has a good point. Maybe a few well placed LED's elsewhere could help?

Also has anyone had the master volume suddenly change to a very low value during sets? I can't recreate this but it has happened twice. I Can't remember which mapping it was in unfortunately.

Default This fix is brilliant

I love that I can now know which of my hot cues are currently active with this led fix!
    Hey guys,
    i fixed the LEDs of the four transport buttons of each deck. They should now work as expected, which means:
    - Play/Pause lights up accordingly
    - Cue lights up when pressed
    - Echo/Slice buttons light up when the effects are active
    - when in Juggle Mode, the buttons light up if a hotcue is stored at that position

Feel free to test it and please let me know if something doesn't work or if you want me to fix other bugs.
    I was also thinking about remapping the jogwheels to allow quick seeking when not in vinyl mode.

I hope flashflooder doesn't mind that I messed around in his mapping.

oh and: This is not an official DJTT release, it's merely a small bugfix by a random VCI-100 user

edit: attached an updated overlay, dunno if it's clear enough though