VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 14
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

hey I just updated to traktor 2 and downloaded the new 4.0 TSI. Now when I touch the jog wheel in scratch mode the tempo shifts to - 100 or + 100 . .so if i scratch back wards the tempo fader moves all the way to the bottom and if i scratch forwards its speeds the tempo all the way up.. it goes back to 0 % when i take my hand off the platter but it is creating a lag time when I scratch as the tempo goes back to 0 This didn't use to happen with tractor pro 1 and the older mapping...Is anyone else having this problem? hope someone can help me out.. thanks
    Last edited by hedghy; 09-18-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Default dropped the ball

DJTT really dropped the ball by not Bringing the VCI-100 into the Traktor 2 world with a Proper mapping and overlay.

Besides the unmatched dedication of Flashflooder (mad respect!), im getting the idea that this iconic controller is being swept under the rug. just saying

: ^^oops meant to make this its own topic, but i guess its fitting here.

@sm00sh Yes it seems gone are the days of Ean walking us through new mappings on youtube. It's a shame coz imo the vci still has so much love give
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    DJTT really dropped the ball by not Bringing the VCI-100 into the Traktor 2 world with a Proper mapping and overlay.

Besides the unmatched dedication of Flashflooder (mad respect!), im getting the idea that this iconic controller is being swept under the rug. just saying

: ^^oops meant to make this its own topic, but i guess its fitting here.
    +1
    VCI-100 Arcade Edition :: Midi Fighter :: Traktor Pro 2 :: Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz :: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
    @sm00sh Yes it seems gone are the days of Ean walking us through new mappings on youtube. It's a shame coz imo the vci still has so much love give
    Its strange also because there was a Overlay signup request page that I know many of us did use to say that we would buy an overlay and would like one, but there have been no results announced, or further reference to it since, and as for Ean tutorials, c'mon dude, they are far busier throwing equipment of 6 story roofs these days, which has of course long been the preferred way of testing electronic equipment for bugs and workarounds.

Tech Convert

is it possible to map it so that when in browse mode you can scroll tracks with the jog wheels like on the s4?

i know you can do it so when scratch is held you can scroll tracks but thats annoying and i didnt really find it that nice.

thanks

Tech Wizard

Default Phase Adjust no longer possible?

Hey guys,

So I use the VCI-100 as a mixer with two Technic-1200's and I used to love adjusting the phase meter by spinning the outside rim of the jogwheel. This gave me the best of both worlds: the scratch-ability of Turntables, with the fine tempo adjust of a midi.

This isn't that big of a problem for "sync" djs, but not being able to adjust the tempo properly is a big deal!

-DirtyDumbo

Tech Mentor

Looking forward to getting stuck in with this mapping now that I've just bough an Arcade mod VCI-100. Firmware upgrade hopefully coming soon from a fellow UK forum member.

I'm gonna have a crack with 1.3 on the old mapping 1st the look at this. I'm well confused with everyone's tweaks here but I guess that's because I don't know the 3.6.4 mapping inside out yet.

+1 for a new overlay - I saw the JPEGs. Should I try making it full size on Illustrator so it's easier to go get printed on a sticker or vinyl?

Looking forward to following this thread too. Glad the VCI-100 is still going strong ...
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
    • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
    • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
    • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
    • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
    • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
    • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
    • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
    • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
    • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
    • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
    • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
    • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
    • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
    • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you think you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciaste everyone's support along the way.
    Is this the most up to date official file on the first post? It shows no last edited date and i cant see anymore uploads from flashflooder throughout the thread.

Cheers
    MMM
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Is this the most up to date official file on the first post? It shows no last edited date and i cant see anymore uploads from flashflooder throughout the thread.

Cheers
    MMM
    it is, but i would meanwhile recommend klaemo's version here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...575#post346575 until flashflooder posts a new "official" version