VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 15
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    c'mon dude, they are far busier throwing equipment of 6 story roofs these days, which has of course long been the preferred way of testing electronic equipment for bugs and workarounds.
    Right!

I'm all for f*ckin around on a friday afternoon. But making it into a DJTT post? whatever.

I find it very strange that there is no word from the head huncho about this, since the VCI100 was the heart (and lifeline) of this community for so many years.

This feels like a silent breakup, like a GF who won't return your calls, then you see at the bar with a mate.

Whatever man, I still love my vci.

BTW, where's the best place to get VCI skins these days?
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Right!

I'm all for f*ckin around on a friday afternoon. But making it into a DJTT post? whatever.

I find it very strange that there is no word from the head huncho about this, since the VCI100 was the heart (and lifeline) of this community for so many years.

This feels like a silent breakup, like a GF who won't return your calls, then you see at the bar with a mate.

Whatever man, I still love my vci.

BTW, where's the best place to get VCI skins these days?
    Silent break up...... love it.

interestingly this is a quote from a reply to an email i sent......

Zach, Sep-21 18:37 (PDT):
    Hey Jason,
    At this point it looks like it's going to happen. I can't guarantee it 100%, but it's more likely to happen than not.

Jason Ross, Sep-21 08:51 (PDT):
    hey there, just wondering if there is news on whether there will be an
    overlay for the new VCI TP2 mapping? There was a signup page for those
    expressing interest, what were the results?
    many thanks from the UK.
    Jason.

So even though we saw her out at a bar with someone else, we don't for for certain yet that she's sleeping with him, and we can't say for sure yet that its definitely over between us!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Silent break up...... love it.

interestingly this is a quote from a reply to an email i sent......

Zach, Sep-21 18:37 (PDT):
    Hey Jason,
    At this point it looks like it's going to happen. I can't guarantee it 100%, but it's more likely to happen than not.

Jason Ross, Sep-21 08:51 (PDT):
    hey there, just wondering if there is news on whether there will be an
    overlay for the new VCI TP2 mapping? There was a signup page for those
    expressing interest, what were the results?
    many thanks from the UK.
    Jason.

So even though we saw her out at a bar with someone else, we don't for for certain yet that she's sleeping with him, and we can't say for sure yet that its definitely over between us!
    So glad to see there's still support on here for the overlay.

Tech Wizard

great to hear the old lady doesn't leave us hanging.
    pff...meeting a mate for a drink...what was she thinking?!

concerning the mapping, i'm willing to pick up the slack if there is enough interest.
    i think, a good idea would be to compile a list of bugs and feature suggestions first.
    Last edited by klaemo; 09-27-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Tech Student

Right now I am still using mapping 3.6.4 for TP1 (I know...I'm slow at moving forward, but 3.6.4 has been pretty stable for me).

I am very curious to try TP2 but it seems like there are some bugs with the current mapping just from reading through some of the later posts.

I just want to know if its stable enough now to justify buying TP2? or should I wait till a more stable version of the mapping is released.

Thanks

*Any suggestions to what I should move on to now that the support for VCI-100 is dwindling? I'm almost considering A&H DX...switching back to serato haha.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by klaemo View Post
    ...concerning the mapping, i'm willing to pick up the slack if there is enough interest.
    i think, a good idea would be to compile a list of bugs and feature suggestions first.
    Champion.

As far as bugs / suggestions goes, I'd like to see your juggle LED mapping kept, I found that pretty helpful.
    Also I don't like having master volume mapped to the top right (len) knob, shift+the middle one was good enough. Not sure what to change it to though.

I'm still using 2.03 but apparently the new Traktor separated the jog wheel from the pitch fader, so that thing I was asking about a couple of pages ago should be fixed.

Tech Guru

HAs anyone been able to look into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    No matter how many times i download and re-import (after deleting it). the knob that controls how much of the master and cued track does into your headphones is controlling the tempo fader for deck A.......
    Also it still does control the audio coming into my headphones at the same time.

Thanks!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I am on 1.3. I will try re-importing.
    yo dude, if you are on 1.3 some things probably don't work as you've experienced and re-importing will not fix that. fw 1.4 has some key different midi signals than fw 1.3 and while i didn't delete the old 1.3 stuff, i also didn't test the new functionality on 1.3 so chances are some things don't work. i don't think we have a 1.3 vci-100 in the office anymore either. but as i mentioned in the initial post, this new mapping only officially supports fw 1.4 (which is way superior and def worth the upgrade).
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    yo dude, if you are on 1.3 some things probably don't work as you've experienced and re-importing will not fix that. fw 1.4 has some key different midi signals than fw 1.3 and while i didn't delete the old 1.3 stuff, i also didn't test the new functionality on 1.3 so chances are some things don't work. i don't think we have a 1.3 vci-100 in the office anymore either. but as i mentioned in the initial post, this new mapping only officially supports fw 1.4 (which is way superior and def worth the upgrade).
    Thank you for he reply! I will try to get my hands on an upgrade kit and a windows PC!

-GPS
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by DJ V1ckz View Post
    Hey guys,

So I use the VCI-100 as a mixer with two Technic-1200's and I used to love adjusting the phase meter by spinning the outside rim of the jogwheel. This gave me the best of both worlds: the scratch-ability of Turntables, with the fine tempo adjust of a midi.

This isn't that big of a problem for "sync" djs, but not being able to adjust the tempo properly is a big deal!

-DirtyDumbo
    Are you using fw 1.4? The only other thing I can think of is that with Scratch mode off you are noticing that the outer jog wheel does not pitch bend, this is true and on purpose (too much bass can easily trigger the outer jogs at a gig). The actual inner jog controls pitch bend with scratch off and with scratch on, the outer jog still controls pitch bend.

If if misunderstanding your issue, let me know.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter