VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 21
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    I'm using this mapping (4.1) with a VCI 100 (FW 1.4) in Traktor Pro 2 (2.1.1) and it's been working perfectly for several weeks.
    word!
    Macbook Black, VCI 100 SE 1.4, Audio 2 DJ, Traktor Pro 2

EHRTOURAGE

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    I'm using this mapping (4.1) with a VCI 100 (FW 1.4) in Traktor Pro 2 (2.1.1) and it's been working perfectly for several weeks.
    +1! Loaded it last night and working awesome.
    Thanks Flashflooder.
    Thanks Klaemo.
    DJTT awesomeness once again.

PS: Would be happy to pay a small amount of coin ($10??) for big upgrades such as this one - especially if it would help to ensure VCI-100's stay on the radar for large updates in the future. I don't believe that DJTT owes me continued support for free forever just because I bought a controller years ago...

So if you only have fw 1.3 then this tsi really does no good i can't do anything with traktor 2 2.1.1. bummer ( is there anyone working on new mapping or tsi for fw 1.3 non of th pro2 features work cohesively w vci 100 se 1.3 fw. mine must have been the last modl w/1.3 fw sold. i have had my vci for only 15 months. what crap
    Last edited by deepconcept1; 12-04-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deepconcept1 View Post
    So if you only have fw 1.3 then this tsi really does no good i can't do anything with traktor 2 2.1.1. bummer ( is there anyone working on new mapping or tsi for fw 1.3 non of th pro2 features work cohesively w vci 100 se 1.3 fw. mine must have been the last modl w/1.3 fw sold. i have had my vci for only 15 months. what crap
    http://www.djtechtools.com/store/all...mware-kit.html

why have you not upgraded your firmware?

Tech Wizard

Just in case someone in Germany needs a fw upgrade kit, i have one lying around i'm willing to lend to people. I would send it to other countries in europe, too, but I think the shipping would be too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by wasapa View Post
    http://www.djtechtools.com/store/all...mware-kit.html

why have you not upgraded your firmware?
    because i don't have time to do it plus i shouldn't have to pay for it they where selling vci 100se w/ 1.4 fw when i purchased mine

Quote Originally Posted by SHUJINCELL View Post
    Updated to the latest version of traktor and it does seem to be quite buggy compared to the previous version. That aside, everything seems to be working correctly except my pitch faders. The faders work but once you move em they jump to a high range and wont center unless you hold shift and move the fader. I've noticed this fader behavior with previous mappings and Im beginning to think that maybe the vci didn't accept the firmware correctly. My pitch faders only worked properly on the first mapping once the firm was reversed engineered and the HD firm was released. Every mapping after that, my pitch faders operated incorrectly.
    The pitch faders should work fine with this mapping but at this time require the VCI-100 FW 1.4, which has much better resolution that the pitch faders on FW 1.3 and earlier.

The issue regarding the initial tempo jump is an old Traktor issue (having to do with how the tempo range is set) and unfortunately at this time the only way to get around it is to reset the Tempo on each Pitch fader (Shift+Fader center notch) with a song loaded while you are doing your initial controller setup (i.e., turning all knobs and faders to make sure they are working for your initial check before playing). You only need to do this once after loading Traktor and won't need to do it again. Hope this helps.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

I was planning/thinking of integrating the old MIDI signals from the VCI-100 fw 1.3 into this mapping but initially did not do so because:

1. The VCI-100 FW 1.4 has a lot of improvements (most importantly in the pitch fader and jog wheel resolution) and I strongly believe that anyone still using a VCI-100 would greatly benefit from these and should upgrade if they want to use a new mapping with an old controller.

2. I did not have access to a VCI with FW older than 1.4 while recreating this mapping from scratch and would not able to test older firmware VCI's for bugs/issues (and some of the issues with older FW were only solved with the FW 1.4 upgrade).

3. Some of the LEDs on FW 1.3 and earlier (mainly the bottom 4 buttons on each deck) will not react to Midi out commands and thus there could be confusion with LED feedback on a FW 1.3 VCI-100.

4. There are stable and popular mappings for FW 1.3 VCI's (the latest being v3.6.4) that also work with FW 1.2 VCI's.

5. I assumed if someone was willing to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 (which the v4 mapping requires), they would also be willing to upgrade their VCI's firmware to FW 1.4.

Just to let people know, this is by no means a defensive rant, so please don't take it as that. I am simply explaining my reasoning and want people to understand why upgrading to FW 1.4 is worthwhile should you continue to use your VCI-100.

If there is enough demand I am still willing to put the FW 1.3 commands back in this mapping when I have extra time, there will just be a disclaimer that the mapping has been designed and primarily tested using FW 1.4. Thanks guys/gals for understanding!
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Convert

Default Re: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Hey has anyone had an issue where the led behavior for certain buttons is not working? My faderfx mode button stays green all the time and doesn't indicate if it's enabled or not. This also happens with the blue led for the sync buttons occasionally. Also is the red light next to the fx presets supposed to change? Mine stays on no. 3 all the time. Using 1.4 fw. newest version of tp2 and a mf +x1.

Thanks

Tech Wizard

because i don't have time to do it plus i shouldn't have to pay for it they where selling vci 100se w/ 1.4 fw when i purchased mine
    i updated my firmware in the time it took to post this.

i must have gotten a pretty bad deal when my vci came with firmware 1.0