VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 8
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

Has anybody tried to use the firmware 1.4 Disco Light option on the VCI 100 and get it to work? I spent like 20 minutes trying to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    Do you think this could be a problem if my VCI is still on FW1.3? With the v3.6 mappings, you had separate mappings for both 1.3 and 1.4, but it doesn't seem to be the case with the v4.0 mapping.
    It could have something to do with FW 1.3 but I'm not sure. All of my testing was done on my FW 1.4 VCI. However, I do know that most of the different 1.3 midi commands should be included in this mapping. However, there could possibly be bugs with 1.3 that I did not account for.

FW 1.4 is far superior and I would recommend everyone to upgrade their VCI-100 firmware to that but if people with FW1.3 find bugs and don't want to upgrade, I could update this mapping appropriately.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by polishrob View Post
    The echo button was mapped as gater instead of delay for me, maybe you have the same problem
    If you experience this problem it means that the FX settings did not import properly. You need to use the large Import button on the bottom left of the Preferences section and make sure to import the effect settings. You can import mappings using the little Import button in the Add... button of the controller manager but this will only import a mapping and not any FX settings.

Please note that using this large Import button will overwrite all of your existing settings and mappings (based on what settings you import) so it is good practice to export your current setup before importing anything new in case something goes wrong or you get confused.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Solesurvivor View Post
    Solution found for the auto-play in the sample decks!

Deck D has to be activated first by pressing "Deck D" then i had to double-tap play so all the sample-dack playbuttons light up.... then the autoplay works pretty perfect!

After i deselect the sample, i have to double-tap again to light all 4 play-buttons again

Hope to helped more people with this
    I do not think this is a solution. It might be a work around but this complicates the original design and you should not have to activate Deck D or use any transport controls on Deck D in order to get the Deck to Sampler auto-loop functionality working seamlessly.

Pressing the play button on Deck D when in Sample mode triggers all of the samples in Deck D (which can be really useful), but it is probably not ideal if you have unassociated samples in Deck D.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    It could have something to do with FW 1.3 but I'm not sure. All of my testing was done on my FW 1.4 VCI. However, I do know that most of the different 1.3 midi commands should be included in this mapping. However, there could possibly be bugs with 1.3 that I did not account for.

FW 1.4 is far superior and I would recommend everyone to upgrade their VCI-100 firmware to that but if people with FW1.3 find bugs and don't want to upgrade, I could update this mapping appropriately.
    In trying to see if it was FW 1.4 related or no, I imported the 1.4 version of the 3.6.4 mapping and did not have the FX issues that I reported. Do you think that could still be the case?
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

superb!! i have just read this thread today, will try it out tonight and feedback!

Thanks for your effort!! i had actually reverted back to TP1 :-)
    MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 4GB RAM (2011)
    Presonus Firebox, Remote 49 SL Compact,
    APC40, VCI100 (SE)
    LIVE Suite 8.2.2 & Traktor Pro 2.0

Tech Student

it seems that the jog wheel doesn't properly enable and disable the fx bank mapping in fader fx mode if it is/was not in scratch mode, i haven't been able to figure it out 100% but if you follow the steps below you should be able to reproduce this
    i also noticed when the jog wheel is not in scratch mode that the led turns off (it used to turn blue i think? is this intentional?)

0. already import the vsi into traktor, move your faders to default positions
    1. turn on vci
    2. boot traktor
    3. if the fx bank 1 is already enabled in any decks, disable it with the mouse
    (for the rest of the steps use the vci)
    4. load track into deck a
    5. turn off scratch mode for deck a
    6. turn on fader fx mode
    7. press fx preset 1 button twice
    8. press play
    9. touch the deck a jog wheel, fx1 does not become enabled on deck a
    10. move the deck a volume fader down, fx1 WILL become enabled on deck a
    11. move the deck a volume fader up, fx1 will become disabled on deck a
    12. press the scratch mode button for deck a
    13. touch the deck a jog wheel, fx1 WILL become enabled on deck a
    14. release the deck a jog wheel, fx1 will not become disabled for deck a
    15. touch the deck b jog wheel, fx1 will still effect deck a

sorry if this was already mentioned or if I'm missing something obvious, i didn't see any mention in the thread so far

Thanks!
    Last edited by sabishii; 08-25-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Tech Guru

Any updates on my issue?

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=48

Edit: Also, my platters are not controlling tempo bend as they normally do (midi messages are being sent per the red LED).
    Last edited by GPS; 08-25-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I cant unzip the tsi file on my windows. im not sure what im doing wrong i tried to extract the files on both my comp and thru 7zip.

i downloaded twice on my macpro leopared and it's asking for a default application in order to open it...any sugestions?....i never had any problems with previous tsi downloaded files....also i never up dated firmware since i purchased the vci-100se back in 09 do i need an update?...again im using a mac

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast