Xone Dx vs CDJ800s & DJM400??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Get the DX dude! I've been reluctantly selling mine on the forum and tonight finally decided to keep it actually! I've been going back and forth between selling by DX to buy a VCI-300 or keeping my DX! I got a bunch of offers (here and ebay) and have decided that I'm going to keep it because I just can't let it go! 4decks, cues, effects, nice big play/cue buttons like cdj's, Itch 2.0 :-)

If you're not spinning hip hop, the DX is maddddd fun. Even if you are spinning hip hop, it's still fun but you won't have the touch sensitive jogs.

I've never used CDJ's and I think CDJ's will be my future setup (maybe? everyone dreams of cdj2000s right?) but for now and I believe for a while I'm sticking with the DX.

And as for Itch, it's simply amazing :-) I think for $350 you're getting an amazing deal. Just make sure it's fully functional and all.

Good luck man!

^mostapha I love your Pioneer mixer rants.

I mean…that's because we agree, right?

I mean…seriously. The djm-900 is a significant step up, but it's freaking 2 grand on google shopping. It's got some nice effects, but there are really good mixers for half that price and freaking gorgeous ones for not much more.

Plus I'm pissed off because the whole world seems obsessed with effects. I get it…you can turn on a flanger and work a filter.

I firmly believe that the world would be filled with better DJs if Rane or Vestax had won.

(no offense, xone, I know you like your db4's effects)

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    They're overpriced pieces of crap that were designed by blindfolded rodents and assembled by trained cockroaches.

By that…I mean there's nothing really wrong with it except that it's insanely overpriced. $550 for a 2-channel mixer with shitty effects and no balanced outputs? Please! The only reason it exists is that Pioneer has a ridiculous marketing budget and they figured out that they were missing out on sales by not having something that cost less than $1500.

It's nothing but a marketing gimmick.

I mean…I don't like the expensive Pioneer mixers either compared to their competitors, but $550 for that thing is ridiculous.
    Oh man, thanx for your wisdom...........i wonder if I can return my 400?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I mean…that's because we agree, right?

I mean…seriously. The djm-900 is a significant step up, but it's freaking 2 grand on google shopping. It's got some nice effects, but there are really good mixers for half that price and freaking gorgeous ones for not much more.

Plus I'm pissed off because the whole world seems obsessed with effects. I get it…you can turn on a flanger and work a filter.

I firmly believe that the world would be filled with better DJs if Rane or Vestax had won.

(no offense, xone, I know you like your db4's effects)
    Yeah I pretty much agree. The 900 is a step up but I just think the feel of the mixers faders, knobs, and build doesn't compare to any of the other top mixers in the price range.

I think effects are hit or miss, I'm excited about the db4 and db2 effects because they are just so damn good and transparent and don't color the sound at all and they aren't obviously effects on a DJ mixer or software.

A lot of the problem with why I think people grow tired of effects is because it is usually a few that have a distinct sound that you can recognize instantly. I mean when a DJM flanger, echo, or colour filter come on you can instantly identity it as a sound from that mixer. Just like you can instantly spot any traktor gater, lofi, reverb, or beatmasher since they are used so much and the way they add color to the sound.

A&H was late to the effects game on DJ mixers and they are doing it right with the studio grade iLive effects that take away that cliche cheesiness. I mean we always make fun of flanger violations but even the different flangers on the db4 sound awesome and I would never otherwise consider using one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12