Lemur now on iOS! - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I agree whole heartedly. Much more advanced, with features most people won't use. Im sure the layouts will come, and the abketon template Mu is probably my reason for wanting the app. Personally I have no plans to put learning script on my criteria of tutorials I'm taking just to use a name and be 50$ poorer for Another controller app. To each his own.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Personally, I find the Mu template brilliant and I'd like to develop something similar for Traktor to use with a K2 as an ultra portable setup.
    Been thinking the exact same thing.
    Although the mapping im gonna do for the K2 would be to use it on its own as a Super-Ultra portable setup i still quite like the idea of the Lemur app on iPad with a K2. But, then i think why not just use the iPad and an Audio 2 underneath it. Now that would be super-duper portable.

First off ive gotta get an iPad which i swore id never do (basically testing my self to see if i could resist) but im in a competition with some other venues in the chain i work for and the 4 DJs in the venues with the highest growth over Xmas/NYE win iPads.

Fingers crossed.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    But, then i think why not just use the iPad and an Audio 2 underneath it. Now that would be super-duper portable.
    Well, I'm not prepared yet to abandon completely physical faders and knobs. Basically I'm downsizing my rig for when i move to aus. Might build an iPad only template tho, just for the sake of it .
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-19-2011 at 10:56 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I feel the same. One step at a time.

one thing that interests me is the possibility of having a Seek position strip (like Twitch) on the iPad app..? Dont see why not.

one thing that interests me is the possibility of having a Seek position strip (like Twitch) on the iPad app..? Dont see why not.
    Yeah I have that on a touchosc template it's easy to do but could probably be done better on the lemur

First off ive gotta get an iPad which i swore id never do (basically testing my self to see if i could resist) but im in a competition with some other venues in the chain i work for and the 4 DJs in the venues with the highest growth over Xmas/NYE win iPads.

Fingers crossed.
    mine's still for sale as well!

Tech Guru

I've bought the Lemur and I will do a basic mapping for using it together with my NI Kontrol X1 with internal Mixing.

Let's see what I will be able to do

If the editor's interface it's better then TouchOSC, I will def. do a lot of mappings for traktor for free

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I have that on my iPhone with TouchOSC, super easy to do but would be way better on an iPad.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Well, I haven't mapped it yet but my draft looks a lot like the Twitch haha. I love the possibility of being able to map cycling panels or popup ones so you can switch elements of the layout on the fly without needing to change the page or even zoom in part of the interface for more comfortable use, this frees up modifiers in Traktor and gives a lot better feedback since you can have the elements be of a different color and/or just have everything labeled accordingly.

At first sight it looks like the animation/resizing part of the Mu layout is handled partially with returning OSC messages from M4L , I might be wrong tho. Anyways, I need to get more comfortable with scripting before adding some of this eye candy, it's not on my priority list atm.

The range element controlling a Filter92 with a hold (bandpass mode) button is a big win btw.
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-20-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Tech Mentor

...i still quite like the idea of the Lemur app on iPad with a K2. But, then i think why not just use the iPad and an Audio 2 underneath it. Now that would be super-duper portable.
    I did a gig with an 2iPads(Lemur) and Audio 2 the other day and went internal just to see how fun it would be. It was all great except for volume control.

When I tested at home, being able to tap the screen to make the fader position jump seemed pretty practical and DJ friendly but once in the booth, I had to choose whether to enjoy the music and have fun or calm down and be precise. That was a real bummer...

Since I am satisfied with the 2iPads for all non-mixer controls, I am going to use the club mixer unless it's really crappy and I got myself a super portable set-up I always wanted. I'm going to miss the K2....
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 12-20-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast