Lemur now on iOS! - Page 19
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

I am tracking to add something on my template to use like a jogwheel to scroll through tracks so I can add cue points , what would the best icon to use
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Mentor

You mean "object"? Knob has a circular shape and there is an endless mode that you can program to work like an encoder, but doesn't have a z variable so you can't emulate the "jog touch". You'll need a separate button to activate jog touch.

You'll need some scripting but you can probably get something working as a scrubber using the multi-ball in ephemeral mode.

Its more something just to scrub through the track than use as a jogwheel.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Its more something just to scrub through the track than use as a jogwheel.
    Even if you strip down the function to just scrubbing, multi-ball is still the way to go.

Ok will give multi ball a go in ephemeral mode , I put the mutli ball object in editor and into ephemeral mode and the ball disappears do you just touch and move anywhere in the box to make it scrub .

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

yes, then the ball and the midi messages attached to it will vanish and update on next press.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    yes, then the ball and the midi messages attached to it will vanish and update on next press.
    What is the multiball controlling in this case? I mean, what is it mapped to in traktor?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by J5k View Post
    What is the multiball controlling in this case? I mean, what is it mapped to in traktor?
    Do you have the latest version of Traktor? I was thinking two custom midis mapped to "jog turn" and z variable mapped to "jog touch".
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 01-16-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Tech Mentor

Default Jog Strip Beta for Lemur & TP2

Hey guys. Made a Beta version of how I might build a Jog-Wheel-like function into my Lemur set up. If you want to go ahead and test it, download the attachment, load the .jzlib file in a blank template and transfer it onto Lemur, and import the included .tsi file and see how it works on Deck A. (Don't forget to export your current .tsi for backup, unless you are 100% sure that you have made zero changes since last exporting!!)

<User Manual>
    The LED matrix you see is the scrubbing area. Scrubbing left or right with one finger is coarse, two is finer, and three is finest. The Deck zooms in to the wave form as the scrubbing gets finer. In CDJ mode scrubbing only works when the Deck is stopped, and the strip turns into a pitch bend strip. In Vinyl mode touching the strip will stop the playback (like touching a vinyl) and scrubbing will be activated.

<Installation>
    Import the .jzlib into your template. The jzlib uses Ch14 CC 0 thru 9. If these conflict with your current set up, you must change the Channel or CC number as well as the corresponding Channel/CC numbers of the mapping directions below. To duplicate for Deck B thru D, copy and paste the entire selection and change Channels/CC and duplicate/modify the mappings as well.

<Traktor Mapping directions>
    All Channel 14
    CC 0 - (input) Jog Touch/Deck A/Button/Hold
    CC 1 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Button/Inc/Switch
    CC 2 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Button/Dec/Switch
    CC 3 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Button/Inc/Coarse
    CC 4 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Button/Dec/Coarse
    CC 5 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Button/Inc/Default
    CC 6 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Button/Dec/Default
    CC 7 - (input) Deck Zoom/Deck A/Fader/Direct
    CC 8 - (output) Beat Phase Meter/Deck A/Invert_on/Blend_on
    CC 9 - (output) Deck Play/Deck A/Invert_off/Blend_off

If you wish to reverse the scrubbing direction, flip all "dec" and "inc" settings.

<Problems>
    Lemur can only send 60 new values for each control per second. Due to this frame-rate restriction, scrubbing Lemur faster does not always result in scrubbing the track faster. There are 128 steps in the midi signal sent from left to right, so roughly speaking, scrubbing the strip from left to right in 2 seconds is the fastest you ever want to scrub the strip for practical purposes.

Because it is desirable to wait a frame or two for the multi-ball to "jump to the new value" before starting to scrub, there is a brief lag after touching the strip until the scrubbing starts.

For reasons I have not figured out yet, there is a slight difference between the time lag to change from forward to reverse and vice versa. Due to this problem, scrubbing back and forth without lifting your finger results in gradually drifting to one direction.

<DIY modifications>
    You can change the shape/size as you like!

Scrubbing works in the opposite direction as scrubbing the wave form with a mouse -- it just felt right to me this way. If you wish to reverse the scrubbing direction, flip all "dec" and "inc" settings in the mapping.

If you prefer not to have the led matrix, shrink it send it to the back - but don't delete it. It is receiving deck play status that is needed for this to operate correctly.

If you prefer the Deck Zoom to not be affected, delete the custom midi called "deckzoom", as well as the Traktor mapping for it.

If you don't need the mode selection button, delete the button, and:

---If you want it to stay in Vinyl mode, delete the variable "ModeButton.x" from the value field of custom midi "jog touch" and change the formula in the value field of "deckzoom" to (z[0]*0.2+z[1]*0.2+z[2]*0.2).

---If you want it to stay in CDJ mode, delete custom midi "jog touch" altogether and change the formula in the value field of "deckzoom" to (z[0]*0.2+z[1]*0.2+z[2]*0.2)*(JogStrip.light==0), in which case you can also delete jog touch from the Traktor Mapping,

If you want to tweak the zoom percentages, look inside custom midi "deckzoom" and play around with the decimals in the value field.
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 01-17-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Tech Mentor

Default Jog Strip Beta for Lemur & TP2 Ver.0.9 available now

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    For reasons I have not figured out yet, there is a slight difference between the time lag to change from forward to reverse and vice versa. Due to this problem, scrubbing back and forth without lifting your finger results in gradually drifting to one direction.
    Could't figure out the problem, but noticed that an encoder saves a lot of mapping to get similar results, so I changed this and got a better version. Improved response in both directions!

<Installation>
    Download the attached zip file. If you would like to try out how it works, simply load the .tsi in Traktor and .jzml in Lemur. If you like how it works, use the .jzlib to include and duplicate the controls in your current set up.

<Traktor Mapping>
    Below is the Traktor mapping for the current .jzml/.jzlib files. If you make any modifications/duplicates in Lemur Editor, make sure to change/duplicate&change the corresponding mappings in Traktor as well.

CC 0 - (input) Jog Touch/Deck A/Button/Hold
    CC 1 - (input) Jog Turn/Deck A/Encoder/Relative/25%/3Fh41h
    CC 2 - (input) Deck Zoom/Deck A/Fader/Direct
    CC 3 - (input) Beat Phase Monitor/Deck A/Invert/Blend
    CC 4 - (input) Deck Play/Deck A/Midi Range = 0 to 1