Lemur now on iOS! - Page 9
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

There is video tutorials in lemur app's site

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What's the benefit of using Lemur for cue points and stuff instead of Touch OSC? Sems like a lot of money to just use it for for cues.
    I totally agree that if it were ONLY for cues there are several less expensive apps that would fit the bill. I also have TouchOSC, and have tested several layouts from here and other spots around the interweb... I decided to pull the trigger and buy Lemur because I hope to use it for much more than just cue point juggling... I just thought I would do a very simply layout first to "get the lay of the land" when it comes to the Lemur software rather than biting off more than I could chew. In the end I may stick with TouchOSC when I'm using Traktor, and switch to Lemur when I work in Ableton, only time and testing will tell.

So far I've gotten far less disconnects using Lemur than I did with TouchOSC -> CoreMidi ( NOT Osculator )

Quote Originally Posted by Fxma View Post
    There is video tutorials in lemur app's site
    They are pretty bad and don't show windows setup and the resolution is so low you can't see anything on screen, I've followed the printed guide and it just isn't running.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That's what I thought. I was thinking the physics engine would be nice for FX and stuff, but you know, whatever looks coolest I guess.
    Yeah there is definite potential when you get into the advanced physics stuff. Ean should get on it and come up with some crazy shit. I'd pay $5-$10 if there was a mapping that was absolutely nuts and in depth.

Anyone have it up and running? I haven't messed with it really and am wondering how it does on the ipad 1.

I'm thinking of getting another ipad even if I just use touchable since touchable has seamless easy integration for multiple ipads.

I'm in the same spot as you Xone. There is one thread in the liine user forums where a guy got it working through midi yoke. I've followed his instructions to a tee but no dough. I can get it working for lemur editor but anything else is bust. God I'm so frustrated with Windows and its draconian midi implementation.
    Nonetheless I'll keep working at it and post if I get it going.

ive been working on templates quite a bit, while i wait to get a hold of another ipad.

Tech Wizard

I completely agree. Way too expensive. What honestly can you do besides a bouncing ball or the like that touchOSC isn't already doing? Especially for the newb, the lemur template scene has died down. Like there's no traktor pro 2 layouts anywhere I can find, but I've found 6-7 touchOSC templates. All free w/exemption of the 5$ it cost. I want it just because it emulates a lemur bc I've wanted the kit for so long. TouchOSC was tweaked and that's the pinnacle of what we thought we'd get when I think around 2 years ago they said it wouldn't be on iOS devices. now it is, but honestly at 50$ I can't name one reason to get it. There's nothing I couldn't do minus some shading effects and such that would warrant it, IMHO, obviously. It's extremely pro gear and is deff a step up, bu I'll wait till they have a sale.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Makes sense that there are way more TouchOSC templates for T2. Lemur had a very tiny use base for years and it has only been "open" for the masses recently. Second reason would be price. I'm sure once a few folks start doing interesting stuff with it (not just TOSC ports) the wheels will start turning.

Lemur's editor is miles ahead and at least I find it a lot more user friendly than it's counterpart if you are running basic stuff (specially being able to edit it while it's running on your device). For the advanced, you can't really compare because TOSC is missing that side.

Should everybody wanting a controller app buy Lemur? No, I think the vast majority don't really need the extra features it provides and/or they are simply not interested in learning to script. Let's face it, most people just want it free/cheap and ready to go.

Personally, I find the Mu template brilliant and I'd like to develop something similar for Traktor to use with a K2 as an ultra portable setup.

PS: Not hating on TOSC, I used it for quite a while and I think it still has blood in it's veins, it's just that I feel that this is the first app that matches it's level and takes it way beyond.
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-19-2011 at 10:56 AM.

I bought it like a week ago and still haven't gotten up to figuring out how to get it to work on a PC. I tried using midiyoke and the lemur daemon and just couldn't get mu running...

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast