DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StefanoMDj View Post
    traktor 2.4? isn't stopped at 2.1.2?
    My mistake, I was confusing the s4 drivers with the traktor version. I've basically figured out the issue--i'm still on 2.01, and need to update--the problem being is that I have no idea where the serial number for traktor 2 is--I can't find one anywhere in my s4 box (and yes, I bought it new). The only serial number I found was the one on the back of the DVD, and that only corresponds to the s4 itself, not traktor--way to make shit needlessly complicated, NI.

Does anyone know where the serial number for traktor 2 itself was kept when they bought their s4?
    Mod Club Saturdays Resident, Toronto
    MBP * Traktor Kontrol S4 * Midi Fighter Classic * Traktor 2 * Ableton * Launchpad
    facebook

Tech Wizard

on DVD case...

Tech Wizard

@tigerblood
    I think the uprgrade to TP2 from the s4 version of traktor gives an entirely new serial number.
    I think you can get the serial by logging in to the native instruments user accounts(the way you would to access the protected drivers and all that info). I havent done it for a while but I remember it being there.

And of course you can call support or log on to the NI forum (do a search first) and a mod will tell you more detailed of how to go about this.
    I saved my serial numbers the s4 and the TP2 on ext. hd, lappy, and wrote it down.

little question witch traktor fits best the kontrol s4
    the traktor 2 that comes with it or the traktor scratch 2

sometimes in the scratch 2 i have ome problems with samplers and in kontrol s4 i have ome bumps sometimes

@ FLASHFLOODER

First of all great work on this mapping! For the most part it is working very well for me.

I watched Ean's video very closely and I am noticing different behaviour with my mapping. At about 3:02 in the video he uses the DELAY (Sample Deck Preset #4). When he touches the platter the second "FEEDB" button toggles ON or OFF. With my mapping the third "RATE" button toggles ON or OFF. The second "FEEDB" button remains ON all the time.

Also my preset #4 loads the T3DELAY instead of the regular DELAY shown in the video. Yes I used the Larger Import button twice when I loaded the mapping.

EDIT:
    So I went into the mapping and I think I fixed this myself. This mapping is extremely complex; I won't pretend that I understand everything that's happening in there. Anyway this is what I did to match what I saw in the video:
    1) For the Effect Button 1 that is mapped to Right.Sample Play.4, I changed the Set to Value from 1 to 0. I also did this for Left.Sample Play.4
    2) I copied down the settings from the Effect Button 2 that was mapped to Right.Jog.Touch and Left.Jog.Touch. Then I deleted these two commands.
    3) I took the settings from step 2 and created Effect Button 1 for the Right.Jog.Touch and Left.Jog.Touch.

While I haven't tested this much, it seems to follow the behaviour in the video and is much more useful than the way it was previously mapped.
    Last edited by Rusty; 01-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herdsmangifford12 View Post

Traktor Pro has extensive support for looping. Loop lengths are selected by the DJ and are musically logical in length (from 1/8 of a measure to 32 measures). Start and end points are quantized based on the BPM of the song. Once a loop is set, that loop can be moved using the Loop Move buttons, again in musically logical values. If the DJ desires, loop start and end points can be set manually to non musical values. In Traktor Pro, the loop function is now easily accessed through a bar below each deck.

Beat jumps work in much the same way as looping does, allowing the play position to be moved forward or backward within the song at a value determined by the DJ.

Both looping and beat jumping features still benefit from the deck caching functionality introduced in Traktor 3. In previous versions of Traktor, moving a loop or beat jumping would introduce a small pause in the audio. As its name implies, deck caching allows the user to determine how much RAM is assigned to each set of decks, and songs loaded into those decks are cached into that RAM for instant access by Traktor. This, combined with the “Snap to Beat” functionality, allows a user to move seamlessly within a song and opens up more possibilities for on the fly remixing. Like most of the features in Traktor, the looping and beat jumping functions can be mapped to a MIDI controller and/or mixing desk.
    Are you in the correct thread? Sorry, but I don't see what does this has to do with the DJTT S4 Mapping?

@ FLASHFLOODER

Can't remember if this was mentioned in the thread already, but it would be nice to have the ability to press the Up and Down Offset buttons at the same time to lock the BPM back to the track BPM. I use this quite often with the Default S4 mapping. Thanks.

Tech Mentor

is there any word on an update for this mapping yet?

Tech Mentor

i'm praying the developers of this map to make a MIDI version of this in order to use it with the default mode!!!!!
    I'm back guys
    One Dream http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/one-dream-stefanomdj
    StefanoM. Dj

Tech Student

Question Switching From S4 to Midi Fighter

Hey gang,

I have a question here, is there a way to switch from the original mapping of the S4 to the DJ Tech Tools Custom mapping? Also will switching back and forth will I lose my mapping for the Midi-fighter? I like to use the turntable FX and a few other effects that are not mapped out in your pre-mapped out stuff. Thanks in advance gang!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/ima...s/rolleyes.gif