DJTT S4 Mapping Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

To install and make it work I had to....
    Import the map with the main import button (at the bottom not from the dropdown list)
    This is with windows .
    Then import again so twice.
    Then close and reopen traktor and it works!
    Oh and do not delete or set the default mapping port leave as n/a on the port setting.
    (not sure why this works the way it does, strange)
    hold shift and press tempo offset for the mode.
    hold shift and turn jog for effects select.
    No need to set jogmode to effects in prefs leave as is.
    There may also be some settings to make after the restart though.
    some issues as stated loop display etc.

Tech Wizard

This worked on versions 2.1.1. & 2.1.2.

Has anyone tried this with two turntables? Vinyl control + DJTTS4 Mapping seems like a good combo...

I'd try it myself, but I don't have turntables yet...

Default Right deck bug

First of all, love the mapping I'm definetely going to use it a lot at gigs. There's only one bug I've found is that when I active the preset on top of hot cue 4 on the right side of the controller. The effect works perfectly but it doesn't turn off when I stop moving the jog wheel. Hope u guys fix this.

Default Crossfader bug?

I'm on windows version 2.1.2. (the most current version) and the mapping was imported twice as specified in the video.

However, besides the above noted bugs about the filters, and loop display, my crossfader does not work. I cannot fade deck A into deck B or vice versa. The individual deck faders still work however the crossfader has been completely unusable for me.

There is also a slight glitch when using preset on what would be the efx preset on sample deck 4, it will sometimes mute the deck playing until repressed again. So I will be using the efx from sample deck 4 pressing the jogwheels, I will stop pressing the jog wheels then all sound will cut out until I press the sample deck 4 button for a second time. Is the only fix to quickly repress the button?

Tech Wizard

@tigermeltz

did you enable the default mapping port. for me this is labeled as n/a and when I enable it the s4 functions become erratic and useless. logically most will probably enable the port
    im kinda lost on how this mapping was made? but then im kinda new and learning so I wont criticize.

Hi everyone, I just got my s4 for xmas and have imported the new mapping and besides the normal bugs my jogwheels wont scratch, instead it just pitches to -100% .. Im not sure if this is from the new mapping or because im just a newb at the control features of the s4 and may have some setting on.

If it is a mapping problem could any of you please send a link for a past mapping file for the s4. If it it just me being a newb could any of you pls tell me what im doing wrong.

thank you, and merry christmas! =]

Quote Originally Posted by zephry View Post
    @tigermeltz

did you enable the default mapping port. for me this is labeled as n/a and when I enable it the s4 functions become erratic and useless. logically most will probably enable the port
    im kinda lost on how this mapping was made? but then im kinda new and learning so I wont criticize.
    no, the inport and outport are the kontrol s4. if they fixed that i'd be golden

Tech Guru

Most of the problems that were staed are things that I have also noticed, specifically the pitch faders being very laggy and having to reset to the bottom.

My thought with this WHOLE mapping is to be able to toggle it, I know on my maschine I can easily scroll through traktor mappings without having to go into preferences

Could this mapping be on a second layer in midi mode and then have the default s4 mapping on one layer.

I think that would have allowed for alot less headaches, I've never switched between the midi and NHL quickly but i may just try to copy the mapping into midi form to be able to do that.

Anyone on board with this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Could this mapping be on a second layer in midi mode and then have the default s4 mapping on one layer.

I think that would have allowed for alot less headaches, I've never switched between the midi and NHL quickly but i may just try to copy the mapping into midi form to be able to do that.

Anyone on board with this idea?
    Hmmm...hope I don't get into trouble for this and since you're almost specifically asking about something I am trying to accomplish, then I say check out my Jog FX mapping.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43115

You'll have to do some reading through some threads though to understand it.

I do want to say, Ean and his team have put in a lot of time to make this mapping and I think it is monumentally great they are giving it away for free too. They'll get it bug free soon enough and I can attest to the fact that such a mapping is a lot of work. A lot! But since this mapping is free, that also takes me a bit off the hook for "spamming" this thread for my mapping. Sorry guys, but I need some test users too.

BTW, any comments about my mapping, please make in the release thread for my mapping. Please, I don't want to side track this one. Thanks!

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast