VCI-100 Button Lights Mod?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Button Lights Mod?

Is there any mod to change the lights under the buttons?On Eans console the button lights are white.How can i make them white on my console?

Tech Convert

The only way that I know of is desoldering the LED's that are already under the buttons in your VCI-100 and replacing them with a different color. Shouldn't be too hard and if you have some soldering experience, relatively fool-proof.

Just a very very time consuming process is all

Quote Originally Posted by shogster View Post
    Is there any mod to change the lights under the buttons?On Eans console the button lights are white.How can i make them white on my console?
    THAT would actually be a SICK idea! I love the arcade button mod but in a dark setting you've kinda lost the functionality the buttons served before the mod (lights).

What would be sweet would be to have all clear arcade buttons with different colored lights for each.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Hey guys!
    I would love to change my leds at least for the play and cue buttons. has anyone ever done it? any tutorial/pictures? what type of leds are needed?
    Thanks in advance

Tech Convert

Does anyone know what size/ where to get lights that will fit for the buttons? I want to also do white lights for my buttons.

Tech Mentor

bump. im also looking to change out the leds while i have my case getting cut for the arcade mod. Does anyone have any info on what type and size the vci uses?

Damn you Ean! You made VCIs trendy. Anyways...
    Look into just basic leds, I can't imagine vestax going away from the standard 5mm, 2.5Volts (depends on color) and 20-30ma (also depends on color). Hopefully you guys can get a closer clue, because VCI are cool as hell when modded.

P.S. I have an xponent, plastic and proud. lol.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

There is the option of getting lit arcade buttons if you do the mod. http://www.lizardlick.com has them.

I have done this exact mod. Changed all the LEDs into white and blue. And let me tell you, it was VERY time consuming. Also, ended up with one LED not working. Guess thats ok, since 70% of the circuits on the circuit board was destroid during the soldering (My iron was to big and warm). Had to do a lot of extra wirring to replace the destroid circuits.
    Anyway, dont mean to scare you of, it deffinately can be done . These can be used:

http://nz.farnell.com/multicomp/mcl0...lue/dp/1581174

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast