VCI-100 Button Lights Mod? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

the link doesnt work.
    i opened the vci up and the leds look smaller then 5mm. Maybe 3mm? im just concerned about using the wrong led type(voltage etc). Ive done alot of soldering work so i think i can handle the soldering part. It looks like most of the leds are through holes to so it shouldnt be to hard. Desoldering would be the biggest pain i think.

Tech Mentor

sweet. I had some 5mm leds around and found out that they work also. But desoldering was a HUGE pain i dont know if i can do it 60 some odd times with a regular soldering iron and keep my sanity. I might have to invest in a desoldering iron.

Quote Originally Posted by fa5ky View Post
    sweet. I had some 5mm leds around and found out that they work also. But desoldering was a HUGE pain i dont know if i can do it 60 some odd times with a regular soldering iron and keep my sanity. I might have to invest in a desoldering iron.
    Its not too hard if you have some copper braid. I've de-soldered so many thing with just that.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Desoldering was also by far the hardest part for me. Even though I used suction wire, it was a fucking pain to get all the tin out of the wholes.

It can be a pain sometimes I agree. I just got the system down after doing it so much.

Tech Mentor

i went out to radio shack and grabbed a desoldering iron for 10 bucks and i must say its the best 10 dollars i have ever spent. With a regular soldering iron it would take me 5-10 min to remove(getting the last bit inside the holes was the worst) and put in a new led, with the desoldering iron took me less then a minute.

Really? Maybe its time to invest...

pics of the process please.
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

desoldering iron ? i didnt even know those things existed

They look damn handy !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast