Anyone here do house parties? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

its the unwriten law
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    LOL +1 police scanner if your gonna party with Damien. Last time I went to one of his gig I was welcomed by 100 police and 2 ghetto birds.

But back on topic. For house parties I would use 2 15" powered speakers & 2 led lights. I really dont do house parties unless its for family or close friends. No backyard flyer parties where no Noz or Weed is gonna be sold, Count me out!
    That was a permitted party also at a proper venue...

As for NoZ and Weed, that's what gets people into deep trouble. Don't sell at your own party. If you go down, you'll go down hard.

college towns can be really great for house parties. im currently attending chico state in northern california, and i gotta say when i am up here, djing at a quality house party will be thousands of times better than djing at one of our bars or small clubs. as long as it is on a thursday friday or saturday night, i can set up 2 15s and a sub at a house party and play until 2 or 3 without any problems from the po's. also, alot of the house parties around here actually pay better than clubs and attract a much larger crowd than many of the bars or clubs around here

but thats how it is in a college town i was like, that, i dj'd this one house party from 10 at night until 6 in the morning, it was awesome, over 150 people there 3 kegs and sexy woman.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    That was a permitted party also at a proper venue...

As for NoZ and Weed, that's what gets people into deep trouble. Don't sell at your own party. If you go down, you'll go down hard.
    Im just pulling you leg man, i f'ed up but not getting there earlier. Cant we for us to meet up and share some dj techniques.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    That would be shut down in a second in UK.

Ive played lots of house parties but they are exactly that. A party at a house.
    You start charging to get in and if the cops get a whiff of that its OVER.

The whole 'rave' or 'soundsystem' thing is over in UK. Very rare these days.

It sucks.
    There's no, "This is a private BBQ, we're just trying to charge to make money back on the keg" excuse?

Damn.

Tech Guru

Just had another couple questions. My setup is TSP with Stanton T.62's and a VCI 100 and obviously the audio 8 dj. If I were looking to hook up monitor speakers i'd just hook them up to the audio 8 right. I wouldn't need an external mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Just had another couple questions. My setup is TSP with Stanton T.62's and a VCI 100 and obviously the audio 8 dj. If I were looking to hook up monitor speakers i'd just hook them up to the audio 8 right. I wouldn't need an external mixer?
    Nop, no external mixer needed... just connect an OUt of the audio8 to the monitors... Just take a look at the monitors Inputs, in case you'll need other cables than RCA>RCA...

an easy way around the cops and one that gets overlooked alot is to just inform the neighbors because its the neighbors that usually call the cops. when i throw parties at my house i will let the neighbors know, apologize in advance and even invite them to come by for a drink (they usually dont). ive done it so many times that they now they even allow my guests to park in their driveways and yards so that way the street isnt so packed.

speaking of police scanners..if you have an iphone, check the app store! best 2.99 (or around that price) i've ever spent.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast