Anyone here do house parties? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    That would be shut down in a second in UK.

Ive played lots of house parties but they are exactly that. A party at a house.
    You start charging to get in and if the cops get a whiff of that its OVER.

The whole 'rave' or 'soundsystem' thing is over in UK. Very rare these days.

It sucks.
    hire a big house in the countryside for the weekend & a decent system
    invite all your friends, charge them just enough to make a profit, job done!
    And the police need never kno.

there are plenty of 'squat' parties in & around london some get shut down but not often, there's one near me at the moment in an old hospital in a affluent area that has yet to be shut down.
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Tech Wizard

in the area where i live are only official partys in clubs, bars or open air places. never heard of non official parties (with more than 100 people) in my country but i went on several private parties in ibiza. this was epic..

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin_papa View Post
    there are plenty of 'squat' parties in & around london some get shut down but not often, there's one near me at the moment in an old hospital in a affluent area that has yet to be shut down.
    i've always wanted to do something like this.. forget paying production fees for clubs! but the only issue i've found with it is.. how do you get power up in those places?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    i've always wanted to do something like this.. forget paying production fees for clubs! but the only issue i've found with it is.. how do you get power up in those places?
    Generators. They're cheap, small, and a few gallons of gas will get you through the night. Easy to drown out with speakers

Jack Bastard

The whole 'rave' or 'soundsystem' thing is over in UK. Very rare these days.

It sucks.
    I'm not sure which UK you're talking about but soundsystem culture is thriving here in the south. I know of at least 3 soundsystems based in Manchester too, plus people like Smokescreen, DiY, Wireless in the midlands.

I just think you're a bit out of the loop mate.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I'm not sure which UK you're talking about but soundsystem culture is thriving here in the south. I know of at least 3 soundsystems based in Manchester too, plus people like Smokescreen, DiY, Wireless in the midlands.

So am i! It's been a looong time since i went to an illegal squat party (10 years+). How does one get in this loop of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    Generators. They're cheap, small, and a few gallons of gas will get you through the night. Easy to drown out with speakers
    that's what i was thinking, that's pretty awesome.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I'm not sure which UK you're talking about
    How many are there ?
    soundsystem culture is thriving here in the south.
    I live in the North West.

Dont be so presumptuous yeah! You dont know me.

Yes they are rare in the North. Illegal soundsystems are rare. Organised ones in manchester are 10 a penny. But we werent talking about legal ones.
    I go to Birmingham a lot and theres all kinds of shit happening. Thats great.

Weve done the "hire a house in the country" many times.
    Thats not what was being discussed.
    I was talking about regular house parties. They get shut down up here.

Birmingham, Bristol, London. Yeah great ... North West Lancashire (where the Rave thing was huge once).... Over Gone Done. The Police shut them down. Maybe the Police are a little more lenient down South but here they wade in and dont mess about. Sad but true.

Thats why i go to Birmingham a lot.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 05-11-2009 at 02:25 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpress View Post
    . How does one get in this loop of which you speak?
    Become a tramp and live in a squat maybe..?

Squat partys are fucking awful. Full of hippies and the music is guaranteed to be dreadful. Dont bother mate.

Jack Bastard

Dont be so presumptuous yeah! You dont know me.
    You're right, I don't know you, but you were the one who was saying that soundsystem culture was dead in the UK, seems like you were the one doing the presuming. Given that soundsystem culture is not dead, and there are small parties happening most weekends round the entire UK, I'd say that qualifies you as being out of the loop.

Yes they are rare in the North. Illegal soundsystems are rare. Organised ones in manchester are 10 a penny. But we werent talking about legal ones.
    You're about an hour and a bit from Derby, there are regular parties in that area from people like In2Deep, Wireless, Smokescreen, the DiY djs are still about.

Birmingham, Bristol, London. Yeah great ... North West Lancashire (where the Rave thing was huge once).... Over Gone Done. The Police shut them down. Maybe the Police are a little more lenient down South but here they wade in and dont mess about. Sad but true.
    I just don't think you know anything about the party scene; the police are always trying to stop parties. You find new locations, you keep partying. Don't rinse the same location time and time again and the police will be none the wiser.

Squat partys are fucking awful. Full of hippies and the music is guaranteed to be dreadful. Dont bother mate.
    While that is undoubtably true of certain rigs in the south, again you're showing that you just don't know. Have you heard of Smokescreen and DiY?

To find out about parties, go to legal events that the crews put on and ask people.

Honestly, there's a load of stuff that happens that most people are unaware of.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast