Anyone here do house parties? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

we got in my town in germany some awesome raves in a tunnel right in the middle of the city. police shuts it down once in a while, but there are a lot of them.

another nice stuff we copyed from berlin is "reclaim the sparkasse (a bank)" , reclaim open spaces to party..

here some tubelinks (sound kinda sucks):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6qL92SUJM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIR48wa8Yv4

There used to be some pretty cool partys in a Cave in Stoke (staffordshire) anyone in UK know if anything still goes on there ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Miles-D View Post
    in the area where i live are only official partys in clubs, bars or open air places. never heard of non official parties (with more than 100 people) in my country but i went on several private parties in ibiza. this was epic..
    yo miles-d!
    where exactly do live in germany? in l.e. we have a lot of those illegal parties. where often more than 200 people come to party. i remeber last year there was this huge party under a big train bridge and every couple minutes there was a train rumbling over our heads...man this was intense! u should come over to leipzig in the summer to check out some parties outside of the clubs!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    we got in my town in germany some awesome raves in a tunnel right in the middle of the city. police shuts it down once in a while, but there are a lot of them.

another nice stuff we copyed from berlin is "reclaim the sparkasse (a bank)" , reclaim open spaces to party..

here some tubelinks (sound kinda sucks):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6qL92SUJM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIR48wa8Yv4
    i think i have to come to marburg! when will u be doing the next reclaim?
    and by the way...ya all have to come to berlin in june!!! and join the airport squatting action!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

ever squatted an (not-quite) abandoned GM plant? :P

once they totally dismiss the security there, that place would be EPIC for an underground party. it's absolutely huge. talk about your perfect setting for an industrial party haha.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    ever squatted an (not-quite) abandoned GM plant? :P

once they totally dismiss the security there, that place would be EPIC for an underground party. it's absolutely huge. talk about your perfect setting for an industrial party haha.
    haha actually with the economic crisis there is more industrial facilities and warehouses availible with owners looking to lease it out to someone - so now is actually a good time to organise these sorts of parties being that there is a flood of prime warehouse real-estate on the market.

so true. it's more fun when you have to sneak in though :P

remind me not to party with you squaters! I would for sure end up in jail after a night of partying with you guys
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Alright since it's coming up to June here, I know that grad will be coming up for high school students and that also means someone is holding a big aftergrad. I know a couple of the kids since i've only been out of high school for a couple years so what would be the best approach to doing a gig for these kids. This would be my first ever gig and I figure the easiest crowd to please. What other tips do you guys offer for getting gigs. Something about offering to DJ a party without being requested bugs me for some reason. It seems desperate to me but then again there really is no other way in the beginning I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Alright since it's coming up to June here, I know that grad will be coming up for high school students and that also means someone is holding a big aftergrad. I know a couple of the kids since i've only been out of high school for a couple years so what would be the best approach to doing a gig for these kids. This would be my first ever gig and I figure the easiest crowd to please. What other tips do you guys offer for getting gigs. Something about offering to DJ a party without being requested bugs me for some reason. It seems desperate to me but then again there really is no other way in the beginning I suppose.
    i know what you mean about not seeming to impose upon people, but in this field it's all about initiative and selling yourself. just ask one of your friends if they know a party where it'd be sweet to have a DJ at. you'd be surprised at the response, most people are pretty excited to have a DJ at their party because i mean, how many high school parties have a DJ and not a radio with a cd? it's at least worth a shot.

better yet, host your own aftergrad party. get your friends to all get their friends to come to a huge combo party with a DJ and rock out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast