Mapping for Vestax VCM-600 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mrideas View Post
    I'm brand new here, and already I find something useful.

SAME HERE!

thanks.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mrideas View Post
    Im using the vcm with Live, but honestly im not 'totally' happy with it's intergration. Im sure there are will be and means to get around this, i/we just have to figure them out.
    I have been looking a editing the settings, anyone any good with Python? Should be simple to edit the file if you know how to understand the text in the Midi remote scripts>VCM600>vcm600.pyc

Looks like gobbledy gook to me! How this controls the device i do not know....

Code:
    ≥Ú
    C√Kc (at) sddkZddklZddkTddklZddklZddkl	Z	ddk
    lZddkl
    Z
    dd	klZdd
    klZddklZddklZdd
    klZddklZddklZddklZdZdefdÑÉYZdS(iˇˇˇˇN(tControlSurface(t*(t
    SliderElement(t
    ButtonElement(tEncoderElement(tChannelStripComponent(tMixerComponent(tDeviceComponent(tTransportComponent(tClipSlotComponent(tSceneComponent(tSessionComponent(tSessionZoomingComponent(tChannelTranslationSelector(tViewTogglerComponentitVCM600cBsDeZdZdÑZdÑZdÑZdÑZdÑZdÑZRS(s' Script for Vestax's VCM600 Controller cCs`ti||É|itÉ|iÉ|iÉ|iÉ|iÉ|iÉ|it	ÉdS(N(
    Rt__init__tset_suppress_rebuild_requeststTruet_setup_session_controlt_setup_mixer_controlt_setup_device_controlt_setup_transport_controlt_setup_view_controltFalse(tselft
    c_instance((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyR-s

c	Cst}t|tddÉ}t|tddÉ}ttdÉ}|i||É|iÉit|tddÉÉg}ttÉD]}|t|t|dÉqÇ~}|i	t
    |ÉÉx?ttÉD]1}|iÉi|Éit|t|dÉÉq«WdS(NiiYiZiiWiDiE(RRtMIDI_NOTE_TYPERt
    NUM_TRACKStset_select_buttonstselected_scenetset_launch_buttontrangetset_stop_track_clip_buttonsttuplet	clip_slot(Rtis_momentarytdown_buttont	up_buttontsessiont_[1]tindexttrack_stop_buttons((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyR=s6
    cCs)t}ttddtdtÉ}xÌttÉD]fl}|i|É}|itt|dÉÉ|it	t|dt
    iii
    ÉÉ|it	t|dt
    iii
    Ét	t|dt
    iii
    ÉfÉ|it|t|dÉÉ|it|t|d	ÉÉ|it|t|d
    ÉÉ|i|É}|itg}tdÉD])}|t	t|d|t
    iii
    ÉqA~ÉÉ|itg}tdÉD] }|t|t|d
    |Éqë~ÉÉ|i|É}	|	it	t|dt
    iii
    Ét	t|dt
    iii
    ÉÉq.WxâtdÉD]{}
    |i|
    É}|ittdd|
    ÉÉ|it	tdd|
    t
    iii
    ÉÉ|it|tdd|
    ÉÉqW|ittddÉÉ|it	tddt
    iii
    ÉÉ|iÉittddÉÉ|iÉit	tddt
    iii
    ÉÉ|S(Nitwith_eqstwith_filtersii
    iii(at)i?iAiii>iiiiNiii(RRRR t
    channel_striptset_volume_controlRtMIDI_CC_TYPEtset_pan_controlRtLivetMidiMaptMapModetabsolutetset_send_controlstset_solo_buttonRRtset_mute_buttontset_crossfade_togglettrack_eqtset_gain_controlsR"tset_cut_buttonsttrack_filtertset_filter_controlstreturn_striptset_crossfader_controltset_prehear_volume_controltmaster_strip(RR$tmixerttracktstripteqR(R)t_[2]tfiltert	ret_track((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyRUsR
    "
    (at)
    7#
    #cCs·t}g}g}x]tdÉD]O}|it|tdd|ÉÉ|ittdd|tii	i
    ÉÉqWtÉ}|it
    |ÉÉ|it
    |ÉÉtÉ}|it
    |ÉÉ|it
    |ÉÉ|i|ÉdS(NiiiF(RR tappendRRRR/R1R2R3R4Rtset_bank_buttonsR"tset_parameter_controlsR
    tset_controls_to_translatetset_mode_buttonstset_device_component(RR$tdevice_bank_buttonstdevice_param_controlsR)tdevicetdevice_translation_selector((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyRàs 
    '		cCsÎt}tÉ}|it|tddÉÉ|it|tddÉÉ|it|tddÉt|tddÉÉ|it|tddÉÉ|it|tddÉt|tddÉÉ|i	t
    tdd	Ét
    tdd
    ÉÉdS(NiiPiQiViUiTiRiSii(RRtset_play_buttonRRtset_record_buttontset_nudge_buttonstset_loop_buttontset_punch_buttonstset_tempo_controlRR/(RR$t	transport((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyR†s	c
    Csít}ttÉ}|itg}ttÉD]}|t|t|dÉq,~Étg}ttÉD]}|t|t|dÉqe~ÉÉdS(NiCiB(RRRtset_buttonsR"R RR(RR$tviewR(RCRF((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyR¥s
    /
    (	t__name__t
    __module__t__doc__RRRRRR(((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pyR*s			3		(R1t_Framework.ControlSurfaceRt_Framework.InputControlElementt_Framework.SliderElementRt_Framework.ButtonElementRt_Framework.EncoderElementRt _Framework.ChannelStripComponentRt_Framework.MixerComponentRt_Framework.DeviceComponentRt_Framework.TransportComponentRt_Framework.ClipSlotComponentR	t_Framework.SceneComponentR
    t_Framework.SessionComponentRt"_Framework.SessionZoomingComponentRt%_Framework.ChannelTranslationSelectorR
    RRR(((sÖ/Volumes/Crypto/Dev/8.1.3-Release/Ableton/Binary/Gcc-ppc/Release/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/VCM600/VCM600.pys<module>s"

MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Default Vestax mappings

I downloaded the pdf but it says it's corrupted and won't open.
    Any ideas?

Emm

Tech Wizard

I have a copy here.....
    I will put into my dropbox for download via this link

Good luck
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleater View Post
    I have a copy here.....
    I will put into my dropbox for download via this link

Good luck
    Thanks for that but once again when I clicked on the link it said it was broken and wouldn't open.
    Maybe it's my computer that's at fault but as I say I can download the file from the original link but it says its corrupted and the same happens when I click on the link you gave.
    Thanks for trying anyway.

Oh and it's really annoying having to answer a stupid question every time I want to post.

Emm

Tech Wizard

It opens on my Mac using preview.....

Anyone else able or unable to open it?

Tech Wizard

Ive reprinted the pdf and it can now be downloaded here.....

I seriously just want (need) to simply edit the vcm600 script that comes with live so it can be on one global midi channel (like 15 or 16 or something) just so it doesn't conflict with every other controller that I own. Why vestax didn't include any kind of midi editor is just beyond me. Does anybody on here know if it's a relatively simple process to edit the global midi channel of the the vcm600 script?
    I've been researching and I've found a few diy midi remote scripting references but they were mostly for the nanokontrol and they were for creating a completely new Custom script. I think all I need to do is edit the existing one..I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12