Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Allen & Heath XD2-53?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Allen & Heath XD2-53?

Hey DJTT Forum,

I am looking to buy a versatile set of headphones for mixing all types of music on my VCI-400.

I have the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II which are nice and comfortable, but I am looking for more power in the cans.

Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Allen & Heath XD2-53

Fight.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I have the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II which are nice and comfortable, but I am looking for more power in the cans.
    Bloody hell, they are damn powerful headphones already and plenty of oomph for the biggest of gigs :-s

More power? That doesn't make any sense. HD25s and your average mixer puts out enough volume to do permanent damage. Why on earth would you want to go louder? Why do you think that those you listed do?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Convert

sorry, let me me rephrase. you are right... the hd25 are nice and loud - i love them.

but i find at times the bass response isn't as loud as a deep cup headphone.

also, i'm not a fan of the straight cord on the hd-25.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    More power? That doesn't make any sense. HD25s and your average mixer puts out enough volume to do permanent damage. Why on earth would you want to go louder? Why do you think that those you listed do?

I got the HD25 and the HDJ2000. Love 'em both to death!
    The HD25 is more "active" and "energetic" whereas the HDJ2000 is more "laidback" and really packs a punch.
    But when push really comes to shove.. I'm grabbing the HDJ2000!
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

the allen and heath are good but the HDJ 2000 are better by a bit. also some other good headphones to check out are the tma 1's and the v moda
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

[sarcasm] Why did No one mention Dre-Beats [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    [sarcasm] Why did No one mention Dre-Beats [/sarcasm]
    Sarcasm)because they are the best headphones ever no need to mention them
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Try the Shure SHR 750 DJ
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

I've used just about every headphone manufacture there is. The problem with The Pioneer, Sonys and Technics products. The right channel usually always end up crapping out over time. After taking apart my old pair of Pioneer's. I learned the failure is due to poor wire routing and a wire chaffing against a metal bracket when fold and un-folding the headphone. The wiring problem could be solved if the manufactures put a piece of electical tape around this wire. These headphones are almost impossible to put back together once taken apart. I treat all of my gear pretty good. I take care in packing my gear for shows and events. At most, I've gotten about a year to year and a half out of the Pioneers. The life span of my technics about the same. The last pair of headphone i purchased were a pair of The Allen & Heath headphone. I think i spent just over $200 for them. That was about 3 years ago. These headphone still sound as crisp and clear as the day i bought them. They are also the best headphone i've used for playing on loud systems. They fit tight against your ear so you don't have to keep putting constant pressure on the cups, which is one of the main causes for hearing damage.
    Last edited by Grant Carlisle; 06-09-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast