New pitch faders for the VCI 100?
    Tech Guru

Default New pitch faders for the VCI 100?

so, I've seen the Pro x fade mod for the vci, and I was wondering if anybody had tried to replace the pitch faders, in favor for some longer ones? would be nice to have a bit more control over a greater distance...

I think this is going to be very tricky and even useless. The tricky part is that you don't have much space in the VCI for a longer fader (looking at the screws right under the fader). Also, keep in mind that the fader is analog and the electronics (chips etc.) translate this to a bit-value. The "sensitivity" of this analog to digital conversion lies around 9-10 bits. Changing your fader for a more sensitive fader won't increase the "sensitivity" of the AD conversion, so it's as good as useless.
    So to solve your problem you a) have to get a whole new controller, b) get an extra controller only for pitching or c) live with the pitchfaders on the VCI.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Guru

Yeah, I know what you mean now. You have any idea whether or not traktor will start to support 14 bit midi in the future?

It's not Traktor that will be bugging you, but the AD conversion in the hardware, so your midi-controller...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Guru

Yes, but even with a controller like the vci 300, I wont be able to make anything of the higher quaility faders. So, regardless of what I do, its still going to be a problem.

Traktor supports 14-bit midi since version 1.1, but I know what you mean. A friend of mine has a VCI-300 too and has a lot of problems with mapping the unit in Traktor.
    Check out my work!

Tech Guru

I thought the 14 bit support was only on endless encoders, or something like that... I honestly dont know. Pitching is not too terribly important for me, generally I just like to get my song in the ball park manually, before I lock in sync, cause this gives me the ability to mess the pitch mid song. It was just a thing that was kind of nagging at me (much like my current firmware version 1.2, which is much more annoying than the pitchfaders)