Djs union - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Djs union

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    go get some then.
    Well that was just unfriendly.

I'm fairly certain if anyone could just "go get some" gigs, none of us would have real jobs, or go to school, or do anything else...
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

problem.. i'm 17 and Newcastle's massively overcrowded so it doesn't work in my favour..

But i'm workin on it

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    go get some then.
    wanna help? lol

Tech Mentor

the key with getting gigs is going out and talking with people and just doing it. i hate to sound unkind, but i seriously know about 4-5 guys who have said, i would kill for gigs (including me). all of those guys say that over and over and never go out and do what is necessary.
    if you underage, start looking at doing all ages stuff. when i was under 21, i would do all ages shows and stuff. do house parties house parties are great for learning. you just got to get out and get to know your local scene, get to know people.
    far as helping, im always willing to do what i can. send me a message with what you have been doing, and your latest demo. i cant really get you any gigs. im just now getting into the local scene here in brighton.

yeh man no worries.. I already do a load of underage events and shit. loads of house parties, and some club stuff. I'm at boarding school, so I do all the events there too - which is all good experience. my fingers are just itching to go further! but it all takes time, and at the mo i'm just sending mixes to all my 'following' on fb to get practice and feedback... its all good fun! Just difficult to do proper stuff when you'r underage, as you can probs imagine!

But thanks anyway man

stop work meeting at 1:30am
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard djcelebrityt@hotmail.com's Avatar

in some countrys if you are not a member of association you would not be able to play a single record its comming to england soon pubs and clubs are being hit by PRS so think ahead

surely PRS are just collecting the royalty payments? PRS stands for UK songwriters, composers and music publishers - essentially DJs are human jukeboxes in their minds, so all they care about is the venue paying the license fee, to keep the songwriters happy.

I hope...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12