TRAKTOR mapping help on how to Change what deck is playing current song? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Oh, that helped. You didn't check invert at button options.

I have tried with checking and unchecking invert. I have been trying to get this for hours messing with various settings....It does copy the deck and plays at the right spot but I need the deck I am copying from to stop playing so there is not the same song playing out of two channels. Even if the Deck A stopped would be fine.

Is your controller supported with editor?

Yeah totally. Its a Trigger Finger. Works fine but cant seem to map these commands together...THANK YOU

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It does work (tried it myself), just copy this into your mapping.

I don't remember if the Enigma MIDI editing software is still around but if it is, make sure the pads send gate messages, not trigger ones (otherwise it will only send a message when pressed, no info when released).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by padi_04; 11-24-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Ok. I want you to check various button settings from editor (hold, toggle, direct) and see what results do you got. Your button needs to send two signals to Traktor - one on press and second on release of the button so this mapping can work properly.

Check this by looking in little blinking dot in master section of the screen.

Thanks alot guys! I am still not having any luck. I appended the TSI to my setup and there was nothing there, I will try again.

I indeed do have the Enigma installed and even changed the program to P16 and re-added each control. All works well aside from this issue with not being able to get the track to swap decks and stop playing on the original. I do not see where I can

I am not sure what you are talking about when you are describing the editor. I am on Windows and I do recall once seeing something about an editor but it is on OSX.

I will indeed try another MIDI controller but I am stumped. I am quite familliar with MIDI and Traktor...

Here is something I did not mention. I have Play assigned to the top row of pads and it is also assigned to each decks sync button on. When I map those two together it works fine...

You should map this duplicate/ulnoad button to your PC keyboard in the way we described it just to make sure it works.

Ok I mapped it like you said with a generic keyboard and it worked as it should.... I mapped it to the key D. Now why is my MIDI jacked up? I am going to go grab another controller to see if that makes a difference. hang tight... THANKS AGAIN!

Sure does skip a bit when I do it though. Seemed less jerky when I was having both play.... OK grabbing that controller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast