The Machine Shop and my VCI -100 Mod - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

As far as www.denvermachineshop.com strong arming me, it worked. Im 6'4 300lbs with priors and the lady behind the counter was at least 55 and scared. Im pretty sure I woulda got the short end of the stick with the pigs. They won, my asshole hurts.

Just learn from this...

Get a fixxed price before you hand over any parts.

Insist it is milled at a extremely low speed.

Make sure you or your machinist is ONTOP of the plate during milling. Don't let a "Im really busy" or an ego cause extra damage to your part.

Thats a tough break dude.

hopefully you will be able to patch it up!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Fiffi View Post
    Labobinne, out of curiosity - how much did you pay?
    Fiffi, I paid 60 euros (France) so I think its 85 dollars. I found an other price (40 euros) but they were in holydays...

I just got a quote for R285.

Thats about $36

COST price!

Still scared.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I had mine done last Friday and didn't get a quote. They said it would be ready this Wednesday. They ended up calling me the same Friday saying it was ready and it was gonna cost me $125. Needless to say I wasn't happy about the price. But I was pretty satisfied with the job and the 4 hour turnaround time. Strange thing though, I was checking my bank account online and they voided the charge. Maybe they also realized they ripped me off. So I guess they did it for free as no charge is even pending clearance.
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

Your in Denver, so call the Troubleshooter Tom Martino and see if he can help!
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMOO View Post
    I had mine done last Friday and didn't get a quote. They said it would be ready this Wednesday. They ended up calling me the same Friday saying it was ready and it was gonna cost me $125. Needless to say I wasn't happy about the price. But I was pretty satisfied with the job and the 4 hour turnaround time. Strange thing though, I was checking my bank account online and they voided the charge. Maybe they also realized they ripped me off. So I guess they did it for free as no charge is even pending clearance.
    Was it cut via water jet or CNC?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Another note. If you're giving over your gear, you should have an agreement signed with the establishment expressing rules for each party. The machinist will return the part with you AS SPECIFIED in GOOD CONDITION and you will pay an agreed amount. They should account for all work, provided on an itemized receipt if you are paying hourly. If they fuck up you don't pay and they replace the parts. If you don't pay you don't get your VCI.

This is all about insurance. If they won't guarantee their work in writing then you shouldn't trust them. You should have time stamped photos BEFORE you give it to the machinist, and time stamped photos after if you are not satisfied.

Also, there is a level of expectation you have when you go for services like this. If they ruin your gear they should be held responsible to replace it, which should also be in that agreement. *shrug* If they won't you can take the establishment to small claims court.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by BodegaBrad View Post
    Was it cut via water jet or CNC?
    It was cut with a CNC. I let them know that DJTT's recommended CNC for best results and that's what they said they would use.
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

bottom line I will do as FIFFI did it
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6323
    because its soft aluminum it shouldn`t take long and it doesn`t have to be perfect holes. I think you cant f*** up, just be gentle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast