Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
Oh, thanks for the info. I guess I've only tinkered with ps2 controllers, and I would generally just take the analog sticks and wire them to 2 separate pots. I guess that kind of limits the functionality of the stick... but I might be able to use it for something I guess.
you said take the analog sticks and wire them to to seperate pots... you might know this stuff already but I figured I would add ... the analog sticks are pots. a pot or potentiometer is a knob/dial/slider that you run power through it and when you turn the position of the "wiper" voltage is sent to your board representing the position. that number of voltage is converted by your board to 1-128 midi message

a analog joystick is like a double pot 1 for up/down (y) and the other for left/right (x). things that are digital are buttons and switches they are on or off and your board will send midi note on/off not a analog signal

you can see in this image that "arcade" joysticks just have 4 buttons in them and they are digital

http://lizardlick.com/images/for_sal...tick_black.jpg

the ps2 style ones are analog... Im saying some of the arcade setups might use the ps2 style to be compatible with all games but any arcade dedicated setup is going to have digital.... I know i said it a bunch of times ehhehe