DM2 - Arcade Button Mod?

Default DM2 - Arcade Button Mod?

Yo!
    I got a spare DM2 lying around the place. D'you think I could easily mod it to have 16 arcade buttons (8 on each side)?

It looks like this:

Whadaya think???

ehhe I have one of those also. I dont think its deep enough to house the arcade switches. Is budget the problem? building something new would cost at least $100-150. Also I dont rember how the dm2 shows up in windows (if it shows as a gamepad/joystic if should be easy to convert to midi in software, if it used a special driver then it could get harder.
    Last edited by kaleaf; 08-05-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Tech Mentor

I bought one of those for use with ableton and promptly gave up on the thing. nightmare to use. I've just gutted it for the buttons for my new UMC-32 inspired midi controller. In fact the only useful thing i got from it was the thumbstick!!

You guys have got to be joking! Didn't you use the DM2 with Pdoom's DM2Midi software??? Super powerful piece of software that turns this toy into a full featured midi controller... If you need the software hit me up and I'll mail it to ya...

I rocked it lol... I made custom sounds for the stock software. That thing was actually rad for $40 at toys-r-us. It had quantize mode (not automatic) but it would wait to drop the loop on time if you wanted. I would get it setup and just slowly rotate the 3 fx and slowly crossfade my frends thought I was pro lol.