Akai LPD8
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Akai LPD8

Default Akai LPD8

Well I have pre-ordered and reserved one today for $69.00. I expect to have it towards the end of the month....

I am Just curious how many people look to pick up this new controller. if you are going to be one of the ones to jump on it or wait till we see reviews.

Akai lpd8 Specs images & video

My plans for this is for an extra level of controls to compliment my vci-100 and use the akai for beat juggling and effects in Traktor and to use with Ableton for some production work
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 09-14-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Tech Guru

ordered it last week .. lets see if it makes it in time before i return back home from the US.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Student

Hmm, I think 2 of these would be great for a traktor scratch pro setup. 2 Technics on DVS with a 4 channel xone running decks 3-4 into it...16 knobs and 16 buttons would be good but perhaps with the program change only one would be needed.

I think these would be perfect for fx control in traktor. 1 of them could control both fx banks.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Wizard

jup, will pick one up to control the fx. Wanted to buy a korg nanokontrol first, but after the announcement of this one, I decided to wait, it's better suited to my needs. Only thing that I'm a bit curious about is the height of the knobs, they don't look very long.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

I'd have to A/B it with a Nanopad before I shelled out for either. What I really want is a pad controller that will fit behind my mixer, and between my decks (planning one at the moment - watch this space...)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Mine arrived this morning! At work now so cannot test yet, first impressions are pretty good.
    The pads feel solid, much better than the demo NanoPad I tried a few weeks ago. The knobs have a little play in them but feel good nonetheless.

If you're in the UK, DJstore.com and DV247.com have them in stock.
    Ordered from DJStore.com at 2pm yesterday, arrived 9:30am today. Great service and Fed Ex tracked

Roll on the weekend for full testing!

Devious, can you tell us whether the drum pads give off note on and off, or cc's ? (using midi ox)
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

is there an editor like the nano series for the akai lpd8?

Yes. there is software that can setup the midi pads and knobs, from all what I have read it will do
    Set the midi channel, with 4 available presets easily allows you to have a 4 deck setup

Software for Win and Mac, software has ability to save presets to a file and reuse if you use your controller for different applications and want to create different setups (nice)

Pads (3 buttons allow the pads to behave as either as notes, CC or PC)
    1. Note On / Off (momentary and toggle)
    2. Velocity
    3. Midi Control Changes
    4. Midi Program Changes

Knobs
    1. Midi Control Changes
    2. Low and High Values

you can download the software off of Akai's website
    for software go here
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 09-18-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast