Akai LPD8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Akai LPD8

Tech Guru

any US stores already shipping? just canceled my order on zzounds.com because they cannot deliver this month (this also includes the audio 2 dj). quite a let down

update: ordered via sweeterwater.com now .. lets see if they can deliver in time ..
    Last edited by lsmith; 09-18-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Devious, can you tell us whether the drum pads give off note on and off, or cc's ? (using midi ox)
    I can confirm that the drum pads give note on/note off and the knobs give CC's in the standard Pad mode.

Hit the CC button and they give out CC's, hit Prog Change and you get..PC's!

I've just had a quick play in LPD8 Editor to change the MIDI channel to 2 (really simple) so it didnt clash with my BCD3000 and mapped it to my chained effects in Traktor Pro (1.1, will be updating this weekend to 1.2)

As standard it is hold for on, which is perfect for my playing as with my BCD the buttons are pretty poor so don't really enable you the quickness of the LPD8.

Got lots of plans for it now, it will be mapped to fire Cue points and some other good stuff!

First impressions are very good indeed.
    Traktor Pro - Behringer BCD3000 - Akai LPD8

Tech Guru

Woop woop preordered mine today! Im thinking of having a number of different mappings. To control the cue, sync, pause, play and the equalisers with filter on deck C @ D. This will make 4 deck mixing on my VCI 100 SE more fluent. Also maybe to control effects sense the new update in Traktor Pro has 4 FX Banks!
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Quote Originally Posted by djtimmmy View Post
    Yes. there is software that can setup the midi pads and knobs, from all what I have read it will do
    Set the midi channel, with 4 available presets easily allows you to have a 4 deck setup

Software for Win and Mac, software has ability to save presets to a file and reuse if you use your controller for different applications and want to create different setups (nice)

Pads (3 buttons allow the pads to behave as either as notes, CC or PC)
    1. Note On / Off (momentary and toggle)
    2. Velocity
    3. Midi Control Changes
    4. Midi Program Changes

Knobs
    1. Midi Control Changes
    2. Low and High Values
    woohooo i would def get this besides the lights around the pads would light up unlike nanopads. would be an excellent add on any set ups

Are the leds controllable via MIDI? Or do they just light up when the pad is pressed?

This seems like a sweet piece of equipment with many possibilities... and pretty cheap too. Ebay has it for 89.99 but 26.00 shipping
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Wizard

how's the height of the knobs? Because on the videos they looked pretty low...
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    Are the leds controllable via MIDI? Or do they just light up when the pad is pressed?
    not having one in hand yet (u.s. is slow to release).... cant say for sure... but there isn't anything in the manuals that reflect being able to address the leds using midi commands, looks like they are controlled strictly buy the controller itself.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Tech Mentor

saw em at guitar center, short knobs, thinking its possible to swap em for the vci-100 rubber ones?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Wizard

so about the leds , can we light it up via MIDI ? or just via the pads ? does the leds stay lighted in toggle mode or not ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast