Akai LPD8 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Akai LPD8

Tech Wizard

any news on the LPD 8 ?
    Last edited by camus; 09-25-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by camus View Post
    so about the leds , can we light it up via MIDI ? or just via the pads ? does the leds stay lighted in toggle mode or not ?
    as far as I can tell the LEDs only stay on when pushed - I'm no midiox expert though, is there an easy/good way to tell?
    Traktor Pro - Behringer BCD3000 - Akai LPD8

Tech Wizard

I do have the LPD and I have to say its very well built. Yes it has very low knobs (expected). to the point you may not want it for separate effect unit. It will work for it but it may be hard if you glitch shit out a lot or move hands around quite a bit. I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. It has 2 separate buttons. Prog change and cc.... I cannot find reference for the actual use for it. I know what they do but what use do they have.... If that question makes sence. Also I would like to know how to change sensitivity. You have to be pretty firm with your triggering. Kind of annoying with my personal playing style.

Tech Wizard

Opening it up to mod it I did notice it had plastic potentiometers. Kinda cheep so DON'T CRANK THE KNOBS! also the knobs feel like they will come lose after a while. Don't want a missing knob now do we. All in all well worth the money. I wish some metal would have been in it but hell it was cheep. I hope Allen & Heath come out with a nano controller haha, that would be very well built.

ive integrated the lp8 with the nano series and all i can say is this is a sweet piece of affordable equipment for more and faster cue juggling and the control of other parametres
    Last edited by Pollux#13; 10-08-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Tech Mentor

what do you think about the lpd vs the nanokontrol? I want to add one to my set up to control fx. The nanokontrol looks like it has alot more controls though. Sweet setup btw(looks like you have another nanopad in the background lol)

Quote Originally Posted by fa5ky View Post
    what do you think about the lpd vs the nanokontrol? I want to add one to my set up to control fx. The nanokontrol looks like it has alot more controls though. Sweet setup btw(looks like you have another nanopad in the background lol)
    i really do think built wise the lpd8 is better than the nanokontrol plus the lpd8's pads would light up with orange leds around the pads. as for controls the nanokontrols would still win with more controls. but if ure looking to play around with cue jugglings plus effects controls than lpd8 is better as the pads are bigger definitely. but if im you id integrate both to have more controls. the reason i have all this three integrated as i want to reduce the switching around of the scs3 system or when
    im controlling certain parametres for the scs3 system id be controlling others with the small controllers. theres lotsa repeated midi controls which ive mapped out on the small controllers which the scs3 have. besides the lpd8 comes with its own editor like the nanoseries therefore the customization for the lpd8 is very versatile. the verdict lpd8 has better built and looks awesome and has good controls, more for cue jugglings plus you can switch up to 4 scenes. however as for more controls the nanokontrols have more knobs plus sliders and also more buttons.
    Last edited by Pollux#13; 10-08-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Tech Mentor

cool, im building my setup for cue point juggling and mixing etc so i wont be using it for that. But i want to use a controlller to select samples, throw in fx when im beat juggling and scratching on my tt and mixer setup. You've given me a bit to think about before i pull the trigger on the Nano or the lpd. Thanks

well i just got notice that mine has been shipped. woohoo... will take some high res photos of it and post when it arrives...

Im debating, if i want to dismantle it and take photos of the components, pads etc...
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Tech Guru

sigh .. unfortunately switzerland is a third world country when it comes to music gear it seems
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast