Akai LPD8 - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Akai LPD8

Tech Convert

Does anyone have a good mapping for Cues/Loops/EFX? Trying to educate myself in MIDI, but would like to play with the thing to see if I even like using it with TS Pro.

Thanks.

This might be what you're looking for:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8469

Tech Convert

Thanks Alex. But this is optimized for use with a VCI 100, right? I'm using two 1200s and an analog mixer. Not sure how the mapping would differ, I'm still green when it comes to controllers, but i'm sure it would somehow.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

For playing around alex.ketch's mapping will be fine.

I didn't check the mapping but it should go well along with your 1200s.
    Even if not, mapping the LPD8 will take you maybe 2 hours to have most of what you want.

Then just use it and if you find any room for improvements, map it that way.

I found this process of always improving to be a lot of fun and highly motivating.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Just a heads up:

The LEDs on the LPD8 ARE controllable via MIDI messages sent back to the controller with a bit of work.

ill start a new thread on how to do this using a couple different methods, in the mean time i took this quick video of some drum looping in ableton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuIixHPjQkE

^^^^Any info yet on how you did this???
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

Quote Originally Posted by myrobotlove View Post
    Just a heads up:

The LEDs on the LPD8 ARE controllable via MIDI messages sent back to the controller with a bit of work.
    that's cool. the product demo video said that it was possible too.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Student

Hello, i've got this controller today and i managed to get a visual feedback for the leds in ableton live.
    I used the following settings for turning effects on/off:
    in the editor software: set pads to toggle mode;
    in ableton live: assign any pad to effect's on/off button using CC mode on the controller and then in the midi map window set min and max values both to zero;
    Now when i press the assigned pad the effect turns on and the light turns on, when i press the pad again the effect goes off and the light goes off.The light goes on/off even when i activate/deactivate an effect via the mouse.
    However if i leave the effect on and change the program and go back the light is off but the effect is still on.
    Hope you find this helpfull

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456