Complete VCI-300 .tsi - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan77 View Post
    I have not tried out your TSI yet, but it sounds very thorough and good. Actually I wasnt able to understand wheter the jogs could be used for pitch bending or not. Can they?
    Yes, they can! ;-) In play-mode they can be used for pitch bending. Thereīs no bug anymore that requires to reset the jogwheels. And you can use the small buttons next to the tempo fader, too.
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |
    iMac 27 3.06 | iPad | Sennheiser HD-25 | Shure SM-58
    S4: 1.01 | TPro: 1.2.6 | OS X: 10.6.6

Tech Convert

Hi,

Im not sure what im doing wrong, but for the life of me i can't get this to work. Sorry, im a bit of a noob, but do i just load the tsi file and thats it?

a video-walkthrough would be amazing!

EDIT: got it working wonderfully! thanks to some help
    Last edited by Oden; 11-06-2009 at 01:48 AM.

Tech Convert

am just wondering now why i dont get any sound from my headphones. i have the internal soundcard tsi installed, and everything else is working wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Oden View Post
    am just wondering now why i dont get any sound from my headphones. i have the internal soundcard tsi installed, and everything else is working wonderfully.
    First you can check the Output Routing Settings in the Preferences, there Monitor Output. I donīt have a VCI here at the moment, so see if there are the channels selected that are not set to the Master Output.

And there are two possibilities to regulate Monitor Volume: The direct knob named Monitor Volume on the VCI that works directly to the soundcard. And the knob on the left hand side of it in the center (Monitor Select), what works with Shift (both Shift-Buttons do work) as Monitor Volume to the software. If you activate the crossfader or an effect deck, you see the global section and there the position of the Softwareīs Monitor Volume Knob. And you can check the position of the Monitor Select Knob.

Does it work now?

Greets, Robin
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |

Tech Convert

Hi robin. i tried what you have mentioned and still no luck. i am getting some sound from my headphones, jst at a very low volume. i can actually hear that the volume is being turned up and down via those methods u mentioned, but unfortunately only up to a certain point.

Tech Student

Hi, the .tsi sounds great, but when I can't get it to work properly, my old mapping somehow seems te be maintained when importing your .tsi..

Could you help me make it work? (PM?)

Edit: Oh no, I just realised I have Traktor 1.1 on my laptop, that's the reason it doesn't work..
    Tried on my pc, and it worked like a charm! Best mapping for the vci 300 by far!
    Last edited by Midasvb; 11-07-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Tech Wizard

Hi Robin,

Looks like you have done some great work on this, can you tell me what the scratch function is like at the moment? You say scratching is better in ITCH, is there a big difference? I can't test as I'm still waiting to buy a VCI-300.

Cheers

Tech Wizard

robin, i'm not the smartest when it comes to midi programming - is it possible to change the tsi so that when you hold jog down it keeps the deck from spinning (as it does in itch)? at the moment you have to keep moving the jog a little bit to prevent the tune from starting again, and as someone that's used to vinyl (holding the deck and then releasing it to start a tune) it would be great to be able to do the same in traktor. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Hi Robin,

Looks like you have done some great work on this, can you tell me what the scratch function is like at the moment? You say scratching is better in ITCH, is there a big difference? I can't test as I'm still waiting to buy a VCI-300.

Cheers
    My experience is that itch is a bit more precise, more direct than traktor is. And tech tool mentions one more important thing:
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-10-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tech tool View Post
    robin, i'm not the smartest when it comes to midi programming - is it possible to change the tsi so that when you hold jog down it keeps the deck from spinning (as it does in itch)? at the moment you have to keep moving the jog a little bit to prevent the tune from starting again, and as someone that's used to vinyl (holding the deck and then releasing it to start a tune) it would be great to be able to do the same in traktor. thanks!
    I donīt like that, too. I would add a missing backspin function. Thatīs why I try out some alternative things in the mapping at that time. Iīm sure thereīs a way to change it to a more comfortable way, but itīs not easy and needs some time.

Next Iīll release a video-walkthrough.
    After that Iīm going to optimize the scratch, effects mode, try twitter playlist and iPhone Dj app, and built a case for 2 VCI-300 with integrated external soundcard, iPhone Station, wireless mic, web-stick, tv-stick, external HDD, colour changing LED lights, MacBook stand, aso.
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-10-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast