Complete VCI-300 .tsi - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Screenshots VCI-300 internal soundcard with Traktor

Find attached pics of the audio routing for the VCIīs internal soundcard.

If deck B is switched to "audio through" (you find it by clicking the little arrow under the big name of the deck "B"), you can use the mic. Same on deck "A" makes it possible to use the audio through input of the VCI-300.

In Audio Setup you can select the Audio Latency. I think 11,5 ms is ok. Even if you use a high performance CPU, 1 ms is a problem for the Traktor software, 7 ms seem to work.

Soon more in the video walkthrough.
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-15-2009 at 09:25 AM.
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |
    iMac 27 3.06 | iPad | Sennheiser HD-25 | Shure SM-58
    S4: 1.01 | TPro: 1.2.6 | OS X: 10.6.6

Tech Wizard

you are a total legend for doing all of this, i'm now seriously happy with my VCI 300 + firebox and won't be bothering with the A&H DX. once the mapping is totally finalised i'll definitely be getting some overlays for it

i've noticed a small bug - the right hand deck keylock doesn't stay on (it activates when held down but turns off when you stop pressing down the button) and also seems to do some weird things with the cue points. also have you thought about having sync assigned to a button by itself rather than with shift? i've reassigned the sync and load buttons because i often like to hit play and sync simultanteously and that would mean pressing 3 buttons at once on your mapping - i've put load/syncload as one button and sync/phasesync on one button.

This is a dumb question but it when I go to import the tsi, it wont find it. Traktor itself has built in mappings but the VCI300 isnt in them. Is there a reason why it wont take the mapping I download from here ?

Quote Originally Posted by tech tool View Post
    i've noticed a small bug
    --> Fixed in the current mappings you find in post #2. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by tech tool View Post
    also have you thought about having sync assigned to a button by itself rather than with shift? i've reassigned the sync and load buttons because i often like to hit play and sync simultanteously and that would mean pressing 3 buttons at once on your mapping - i've put load/syncload as one button and sync/phasesync on one button.
    --> Exactly that was my mapping before. The reason for the current solution is that you know if you want to sync the track or not at the time you load it. Thatīs why I realized two different load buttons - to press one button to load and only one to load and sync at one time. I hope the two assignments can be merged asap. Actually it needs to be pressed two times to have a "syncload". By the way nearly the same problem like in Global Search/Clear Search. These two things and to optimize the scratch need to be developed in the future. If the merge worked I could imagine a Shift-Play-Button with Load+Sync+Play f.e.
    -->In my next update Iīll change it to load and sync for the first allocation until the controls can be merged.

And thanks a lot for your feedback! Greets, Robin
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-15-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    NI Kontrol S4 | 2 Vestax VCI-300 | NI Audio8 | NI Audio2 | MacBook Pro 2.8 | MacBook Pro 2.53 |

Quote Originally Posted by frostdude1 View Post
    This is a dumb question but it when I go to import the tsi, it wont find it. Traktor itself has built in mappings but the VCI300 isnt in them. Is there a reason why it wont take the mapping I download from here ?
    --> If you donīt know where you saved it you could use the search function. You can move it to the settings folder from the place you saved the download in your finder/explorer (could be the download folder?). Or you select your file from itīs actual position instead of the settings folder. This is no .tsi specific problem I think.

That's what I was doing and I was still experiencing the problem. I'll keep trying

You should go back and update your first post with the latest mapping

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You should go back and update your first post with the latest mapping
    Done!

Tech Wizard

Thumbs up

Hey Robin,

great work appart from the known issues, like the scratch wich i donīt use too often i found one little thing donīt know if itīs just me or if somebody else mentioned this,

If i press KEY LOCK on the right hand side to go to fx mode and then push the button CUE 2/ IN (second fx on) the led turns of and doesnīt turn on when i leave fx mode for cue points, left hand side works fine
    Is it a bug or a feature

I also noticed that when both decks are are in fx mode the left jogwheel stops the track playing (Deck A) still the fx parameter change so the wheel is properly working no sensetivity prblm the right one doesnīt, trck keeps playing and fx parameter are edited.
    hmm

one more suggestion did you ever consider mateing the PFL buttons with the load function of the respected deck, since the deck lock function is on this would only result in hectic blinking

great work
    leinwand

Quote Originally Posted by cuttymello View Post
    If i press KEY LOCK on the right hand side to go to fx mode and then push the button CUE 2/ IN (second fx on) the led turns of and doesnīt turn on when i leave fx mode for cue points, left hand side works fine. Is it a bug or a feature
    I know about the problem with the LED. The problem is that modifier donīt work anymore to the outputs (LEDs) in the mapping. This will be fixed in the next update by chosing an other colour for the effects #2.

I also noticed that when both decks are are in fx mode the left jogwheel stops the track playing (Deck A) still the fx parameter change so the wheel is properly working no sensetivity prblm the right one doesnīt, trck keeps playing and fx parameter are edited.
    I havenīt heard before of this, sounds like the scratch function was set on while using the effects. In the next mapping update the effect function will turn off the scratch function.

one more suggestion did you ever consider mateing the PFL buttons with the load function of the respected deck, since the deck lock function is on this would only result in hectic blinking
    The suggestion to put PFL and load together as one button cannot convince in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback! Greets, Robin
    Last edited by robinkirchhoff; 11-17-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast