VMS4 Midi-Range Settings for LED's

Default VMS4 Midi-Range Settings for LED's

Hi all

I'm trying to map the LED's on my VMS4 controller. So far all of my buttons except play and pause light up in red. When I tested the controller with the bundled VDJ software there are multiple colours for different buttons.

I've been experimenting with adjusting the figures for the midi-range under LED options on Traktor Pro and have had no joy in changing the colour emitted by the LED's.

As an example, I'd like the hot cues and FX in blue and the loop section to light up red. I've posted on the AA forums regarding this but not heard anything back and on the NI forums the suggestion has been to look at the VDJ settings but they only seem to stretch as far as the midi in mappings.

Can anybody help??!!

Thanks in advance.

Alex

I've just realised I've put this in the wrong section, sorry! Could a mod please move it to the right one!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm not sure any of this applys to the VMS4, but Phil talks about changing the colors of the dicer here...

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/09/0...-midi-mapping/

And Brad talks about LED's here...

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks for you reply!

I'd had a read through both of those before I posted. The dicer article was helpful in demonstrating the various midi-ranges it uses for its LED's, its something similar to this that I think I need for the VMS4.

On one occasion yesterday, I had the loop button on deck A illuminating blue - randomly! I duplicated the midi-out for it and assigned it to the same button on deck B and that lit up red! No idea why!

It would appear that the midi-range function doesn't have any effect on the LED colour output. I posted on the American Audio forums and was informed that if I map a midi-out to a secondary function (i.e. shift + "button") the blue LED would light instead of the red. With my limited knowledge of modifiers thus far I can't really see how to achieve any cool illumination combinations which is a shame! I really wanted active hot cues in one colour and empty ones in another

Tech Mentor

+1

Tech Wizard

Same for me! it seem that the vms4 is limited by firmware to only change led feedback with channel changes only! That s annoying!