Official Oxygen 8 Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Great Work Ean, thanks again for doing this for all of us!
    I'm trying to use this tsi with a carillon 25 which is almost identical to the oxy 8, i've read your walkthrough.

In Enigma i've installed the xml file, but i can't seem to be able to click on the up key to send the data to the controller. But when i've tried skipping ahead to import your tsi in traktor on two occasions different things happened each time. The first time only one button worked which was knob number 1 but the second time i'm not sure what i did but half the tsi came through but only for a moment then it went i could activate loops and play and cue. But now i'm back to nothing. Do you think you could make a 2 minute brief walkthrough just to briefly show us how to import or if it will work properly with other keyboards?

Synch seems to be working after I labelled it and took a photo! Makes me want to play a bit with midi mapping, thought maybe mapping the << >> keys to the auto cross fader? I am sure this is going to be tons of fun, but I don't really have any tracks with loops and cues setup yet, bust working on beatgridding still. Maybe I should pick a track or two that go well together and play with em?
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
    Synch seems to be working after I labelled it and took a photo! Makes me want to play a bit with midi mapping, thought maybe mapping the << >> keys to the auto cross fader? I am sure this is going to be tons of fun, but I don't really have any tracks with loops and cues setup yet, bust working on beatgridding still. Maybe I should pick a track or two that go well together and play with em?
    sync isnt working for me as well, did you change any parameters or anything to make it work? the sync button flashes, the deck syncs, but the sync button doesnt stay locked

any suggestions?
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Quote Originally Posted by Be-Ne-Dek View Post
    sync isnt working for me as well, did you change any parameters or anything to make it work? the sync button flashes, the deck syncs, but the sync button doesnt stay locked

any suggestions?

Do you have a beat grid set properly. I Noticed some tracks will do this if not properly gridded

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    Do you have a beat grid set properly. I Noticed some tracks will do this if not properly gridded
    yepp, i was having this kinda problem when i was using 1.1 with just my computer keyboard as a controller, then i upgraded to 1.2, and tried it with the keyboard and it syncs like a dream lol, no idea why!

Tech Student

Default prooblem with slicer buttons

i posted this in the comments of the blog

".. problem with the slice buttons, in the diagram you have 2 sets of 3 keys assigned to the beatslicer for each deck in the footpedal/shift key mode.

it seems that only the last two keys in the second set of each deck changes the parameters while also turning on the slicer effect.

all the other buttons seem to only activate the slicer according to the settings last selected from those two keys. (some of the setting for those last two buttons are different for each deck as well)."

anyone else have this problem?

yeah, i dont quite understand the slicer thing... but i'm sure the man can enighten us on this...

i've had similar problems with syncing, but realised that it's only because it's not actually assigning a grid marker to my songs.. so if you assign one, it seems to work. Basically, it works in manual Master/Sync mode untill you engage the 'sample' effect, then it switches to auto, and back again when you switch the effect off.

I think i've pretty much cracked the mapping

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    yeah, i dont quite understand the slicer thing... but i'm sure the man can enighten us on this...

i've had similar problems with syncing, but realised that it's only because it's not actually assigning a grid marker to my songs.. so if you assign one, it seems to work. Basically, it works in manual Master/Sync mode untill you engage the 'sample' effect, then it switches to auto, and back again when you switch the effect off.

I think i've pretty much cracked the mapping
    belchman, would you have my children? hahaha, you sir are the man!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by greig View Post
    i posted this in the comments of the blog

".. problem with the slice buttons, in the diagram you have 2 sets of 3 keys assigned to the beatslicer for each deck in the footpedal/shift key mode.

it seems that only the last two keys in the second set of each deck changes the parameters while also turning on the slicer effect.

all the other buttons seem to only activate the slicer according to the settings last selected from those two keys. (some of the setting for those last two buttons are different for each deck as well)."

anyone else have this problem?
    i'm quite confused about the slice buttons, too.

Do I smell a full walk through video from the man himself?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast