Official Oxygen 8 Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

sniff sniff? i hope so

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01 View Post
    Great Work Ean, thanks again for doing this for all of us!
    I'm trying to use this tsi with a carillon 25 which is almost identical to the oxy 8, i've read your walkthrough.

In Enigma i've installed the xml file, but i can't seem to be able to click on the up key to send the data to the controller. But when i've tried skipping ahead to import your tsi in traktor on two occasions different things happened each time. The first time only one button worked which was knob number 1 but the second time i'm not sure what i did but half the tsi came through but only for a moment then it went i could activate loops and play and cue. But now i'm back to nothing. Do you think you could make a 2 minute brief walkthrough just to briefly show us how to import or if it will work properly with other keyboards?
    I'm having the above problem too, with the xml file and not being able to click the 'up' button in Enigma. I don't even understand what Enigma is supposed to be doing in this process... I couldn't get it to respond as per the instructions so I just went ahead and loaded the TSI in Traktor Pro, which sort of worked but it seemed to have lots of bugs. (e.g. the filters needing to be in the middle position to be 'off')

Finding this sooo frustrating but that's because I can totally see that this mapping is going to be amazing if I can iron out my technical hitches... help?!
    Last edited by tr0uble; 10-19-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    also, what do you use to make the keys more grippy? (and did you just spray paint yours, cos i'm thinking about doing mine red and black )
    Someone on the blog said fabric tape which is what it looks like to me - great idea because if you get it wrong or decide to change the mapping later, you can take it off again (with a bit of effort).

Tech Mentor

So after some fidgeting with the tsi file i have 90% of the mapping working with my Axiom 25. I also made a custom enigma file for the Axiom as well. I wanted to wait till i could figure out how to get the effects working properly to upload the files but it seems like thats a mystery for everyone. So when i get home later today ill go ahead and upload the two files and maybe someone can figure out exactly whats going on with the effects.

Tech Guru

Talking The dawn of a new controlerist :cool:

Hey Ean!
    I'm Finally diving into Controlerism now!
    Today I will buy a used Oxygen 8 V2 from a friend and a brand new Numark DJIO to use with my company's laptop Dell Vostro 1310 that I use for work all day with Oracle Databases .
    Its far away from my dream gear setup, but I will not need to replace any part to use my dream gear latter, as i wish to use Oxygen for Production work with FLStudio 9.
    I wish to thank you and DJTT for this opportunity and please keep coming with the cheap solutions for the poor begining DJs

Just for feedback this is my dream DJ-gear for controllerism:
    Macbook white 4gb RAM
    Presonus Firestudio Mobile (yes, the new version of firebox)
    VCI-100 SE Arcade Buttons (blue UV-Reactive knobs if possible)
    Sennheiser HD25 1-II
    Korg Nano Pad

And this will be my starting DJ-gear for controllerism:
    Dell Vostro 1310 3gb RAM
    Numark DJ IO
    Oxygen 8 V2 25 keys with DJTT Mapping
    Generic Sustain Pedals
    Generic Headphone
    maybe a Korg Nano Pad at February/2010

Waiting for the Complete Walktrough Video!

v-hoff.. nearly snap dude! although I'm rapidly going off the idea of getting a vci 100 arcade, as i'm so happy with the oxygen 8 mapping

keep up the good work man, sounds like you know where its at

ooh and on the grip tape - i've been looking at skateboard grip tape.. anyone think this might work? I'm not a skater, but I know the stuff, and that would really grip it up! and it comes in loads of colours too... good/bad idea??

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    ooh and on the grip tape - i've been looking at skateboard grip tape.. anyone think this might work? I'm not a skater, but I know the stuff, and that would really grip it up! and it comes in loads of colours too... good/bad idea??
    Because I play hockey, my first choice was hockey tape, it works perfectly! its cheap and can be taken off very easily, it also come in 123123123 colors and patterns too! look into it belch!
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Tech Guru

What should I do if I have no mixer to change the tracks?

I'm thinking about buying a inexpensive mixer to play at. But how can I use it to control traktor? Should I send my 1 and 2 out from Numark DJIO to Mixer's input 1 and 2?

Numark DM950
    http://www.numark.com/dm950

There is another version that is USB plug and play and works with Virtual DJ, can I map it to traktor pro 1.2?

Numark DM950 USB
    http://www.numark.com/dm950usb

I wish to get close to a club setup, and close to the VCI-100 workflow too, can I do it in any way?
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 10-22-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    What should I do if I have no mixer to change the tracks?
    Deal with it!

you dont need one really... it would be nice, so maybe you could look into getting a cheapo one 2nd hand from ebay or something - but tbh with the filter's etc you have available, just try without and mix internally.. that's what i've been doing when i cnt be arsed to sort my mixer out!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast