Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

thanks for the tips
    but it would be nice a walktrough video hehe
    lets wait for it and practice like hell untill that

Tech Guru

Default video? :D

Any news about the walktrough video?
    I'm playing every day with my oxy and it's really fun, I never played on any controller and never on any CDJ-Mixer setup, but I'm still able to figure out what everything does by experimentation.

I'm feeling that my performance is getting better with practice but I want to learn more, specially how can I mix two musics without a mixer, only with my oxy and the notebook touchpad

After the video shows up, I'll post something that I suspect to be a bug. Let's beta-test the version

Thanks again Ean, it has been a fun weekend to me

Tech Convert

I agree the Oxygen 8 mapping is great, in fact I'm not really using my vci-100 right now because the oxy is much more fun.

V-Hoff - if you want to mix to songs together you might wan to try remapping knobs CC2 and CC4 to volumes of deck A and B. I've been doing the mixing on my Korg Nano Kontrol.

I hope the video is coming soon

Tech Guru

Ean I have two issues with my oxy

The first happens when i do this:

Loaded deck A, cut A hi to zero
    duplicate to deck B, cut B low and mid to zero
    Deck A is the master
    Whenever I use beatmasher to Deck A or Deck B it sounds like beatmasher but it comes with a anoying noise of a piano playing the same note fast and out loud
    My Deck Master is set to Auto and when beatmasher is active its automaticaly changed to Clock Master set Int.

What am I doing wrong? I can't use beatmash at all...

The second is: why to have slice 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 at deck A and deck B?
    They all seems to have the same parameters and sounds like the same, or it's a buggy feature or I'm getting wrong. When I hit Slice 3 then Slice 2, it seems that sometimes the parameters change, and sometimes not.
    I'm not using the Sustain Pedal, i'm using the Alt Shift key.

Thanks

Tech Guru

I figure out the thing with removing the master clock change of the beatmasher knob
    Im using Master Clock Auto, I'm doing it right?

Tech Guru

Ean, nothing new about the mapping yet? fixes?
    The map will work with TP 1.2.2 released today right?

Tech Guru

Hey ppl, nothing new about the oxy mapping?

I'm planning to do a second map to control eq and volume of the decks. Can I do this by using the P1-P10 stuff? or changing the Octaves? I'm planning to don't use a mixer at all, just me, my oxy and jesus by my side

I never mapped anything so I'm a bit confused by this new world to me. I'm waiting my copy of the Traktor Bible second edition to understand a bit more of traktor internals.
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 11-06-2009 at 08:03 AM.

If you change octave I think all the note actions/commands will change, since they are based on note events, but that makes me wonder could you map all sorts of stuff to various octaves of the keys? :eek:
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Guru

Thats what i'm planning to do sherpa,
    Warping octaves to control Deck C and D

But can I change the knobs mapping with P1-P10 ? Thats my primary issue, I want to make a second mapping to control EQ and volume of decks AxB AxC BxD on the knobs. With that I can fit my desired workflow and keep my minimal setup (laptop+oxy+interface) :P
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 11-06-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Tech Guru

Cool First mid map!

Hey Oxy fans, how are you doing with your new mapped toy? Pretty anxious for the next version of the mapping I hope...
    I've spent all my sunday trying to re-map my oxy to make a EQ mixer and I'll show you step by step how you can do it the way I did, it's pretty easy even for the people who never mapped anything in life (ppl like me before sunday):

Prerequisites:
    1. Import the DJ Tech Tools Mapping ".xml" at the Enigma
    2. Send the mapping P1 to P10 (select all with the shift key) to the oxy to sync (sync with the button with two arrows to the right)
    3. Open the traktor software and import the DJ Tech Tools Mapping ".tsi"

Mapping routine:
    1. First of all insert a Modifier #8 and duplicate it
    2. Set the first modifier #8 to be controlled by Ch1.CC.024 (play button) and the second to Ch1.CC.023 (stop button)
    3. Change, on both modifiers the type of the command to "button" interact to "direct". The value you can set to "1" on the CC.024 and "0" on the CC.023. The goal is to enter the "Mixer mode" with the play button and go out the "Mixer mode" with the stop button
    4. Now everytime you set a knob to do an EQ or Volume Fader action, you will need to use the M8="1" on the Mod2 column of the mapping list.
    5. Remember that all the old knob mapping needs to have the M8="0" on the Mod2 column to keep working like it should when you are out the "Mixer Mode"

Advices:
    1. Use the P10 Enigma Mapping to mix propery with the botton row of the EQ, you will lose the dual Low - High filter on Deck A and B and will end with two normal filters on Deck A and B, but you will earn four 0 to 127 knobs with the default position on 64 (middle) to use the EQs in the easiest form.
    2. Re-map the CC.093 AND CC.010 with M8="0" to something else since you don't need two knobs to do the same action on the same deck. I've remapped to use the Key control since I like to change kicks key on the peak hours to UP and on the lowest hours, to DOWN (yes, I like to laugh and make ppl laugh with the funny key change sound, I think that is because of my ancestral Albert Hoffmann :P )

So far, so good. It's difficult to remember all the midi-codes that the oxy sends to traktor. For help myself memorizing it I've made a midi-code map of the notes and knobs that is attached to this post.

It'll be allways difficult to play without Led feedback for the "Mixer Mode" and with multiple functions assigned to those knobs but hey, let's try to use this like an exercise to memorize the functions without look to your controller everytime for feedback. I'm using the oxy until I have enough money to buy something else for eq and mixing because "when you don't have the tool to do a job, your job could be making a tool instead"

Bugs:
    1. I've found some actions without buttons mapped and some buttons without a properly mapped action.
    2. I've also found some mistakes at the beat slicer notes and different slice buttons doing the same thing.
    3. I've found a bug with the Beatmasher knob button (CC.074 and CC.007) that apparently is only happening with me, I hear a very loud piano sound because the tracks become out of sync while using the effect. Because of that I've removed the Master Clock Change to this knob to fix that out and I'm using the Master Clock Auto option ON.
    4. Not a bug but a improvement to fit my workflow: I've remaped the Deck Copy buttons (Ch1.Note.B3 and Note.B4) to change EQs of the Deck A and B automatically:
      Deck A will have the Hi on 0, Mid on 0.5, Low on 0.5 and will be the Master Deck
      Deck B will have the Hi on 0.5, Mid on 0, Low on 0 and will be the Synced Deck
      This way I can play with effects on a dual layered music (it's much more fun like that, since I don't have my musics prepared for beat juggling)

I'm correcting all these errors to have a better version of the map, I'm sure Ean is doing the same, but I can't wait for him, I'm with the "developer's rush disease", I'll never stop developing new functionalities until I'm happy with it. hehe :P

I hope this short tutorial helps beginner people like me to not spend all the sunday to discover how to do your first midi map

cheers,
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 11-09-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast