Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

nothing new Ean??
    Almost 1 month waiting hehe

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    nothing new Ean??
    Almost 1 month waiting hehe
    Dude, chill your beans...

Ean's been an extremely busy guy recently! tsi file version 3_0 is on it's way out for the VCI-100, which involves a totally new layout - and is in very high demand, so I'm sure the Oxygen tweaks aren't high on his priority list at the moment... Just master your current setup thoroughly, and forget about any updates for the time being - then I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when something finally does arrive!

Tech Convert

Hi. Im new here and new to the whole DJing experience. The only harware i have is a Carillion 25 (a rebranded Oxygen 8 but its black). im trying to get to grips with using this mapping, a bit unsucessfully. Does anybody else just use there Oxygen on its own or is it suplementry to some "real DJ hardware"?

Maybe i just need to be more creative with what I've got and stop looking at everyone elses shiny controllers.

Tech Guru

I'm using oxygen on its own...
    It's hard to get used to and you will need more functions mapped to control the EQ+volume+prelisten session of traktor.
    It's hard because you really need more then 8 knobs to control EQ, Volume and effects, you will need to use a lot of modifiers to go IN and OUT your modes.
    I've remaped the oxygen to use Play to enter my Mixing Mode and Stop to exit my Mixing Mode and go back to Ean's map... This way I can play without a proper mixer.

Tech Wizard

I use my Oxygen8 as a supplement to my 1200s and mixer for cues, loops, effects, etc.

Tech Convert

I think im getting to grips with it (well making someting that vaguely resembles some kind of music!).
    I may be missing something really obvious here but in this mapping why are all the slices in twice? Im could really do with freeing up some real estate and 6 extra keys will open up a whole new world to me

Thanks
    Andrew

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by napalm_life View Post
    I think im getting to grips with it (well making someting that vaguely resembles some kind of music!).
    I may be missing something really obvious here but in this mapping why are all the slices in twice? Im could really do with freeing up some real estate and 6 extra keys will open up a whole new world to me

Thanks
    Andrew
    Yes they are duplicated, I've a version with more combinations of slices and other bug fixes, if you want I can send it to you. Just PM me

anyone else find the sampler function really pointless? I can't get to grips with how i can usefully make it work with the given controls...

So, I've changed it slightly

Now the 5 unused 'transport controls' (to the right of the freeze button) are incremental beatmashing buttons and the knobs with originally did the sampler (next to the delay knobs) turn the effect on and off for decks A and B respectively.

I'll make a youtube vid on this concept this afternoon, and post it on here. I've found it really fun to play with, and would like to share it anyone who, like me, finds their 'sampler' redundant...

... and I have now a video up on youtube, explaining my modified version of the original mapping... Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbUNZkLiUq0

Default Oxygen 25 v3 Mapping

What a disappointment! Take home a nice new v3 to find it works absolutely perfect with GarageBand. For my next trick I fire up Traktor Pro with Ean's very generous and extremely cool mapping. And it almost works...

As has been said before, v3 does not work with Enigma. M-Audio have said that since it has Directlink they have no intention of making it compatible with Enigma. Whatever...

So by opening Enigma and checking Ean's mapping you will see that the only difference is that the knobs and transport buttons have different midi notes on the v3. But as you cannot use Enigma, you will have to remap the controller and Traktor (tsi attached).

The remapping on the controller is straight forward. It is the lower row of knobs that require the midi values to be tweaked. Also note that M-Audio has renumbered the knobs with C1 on the upper left knob on the v3 instead of the v2 C1 which is the lower left knob.

First thing is make sure you are in Preset 01. You do this by pressing the "Select" button three time (the dot will be on the right, above the PRESETS arrow). Then press "+" or "-" until you see P01 displayed. This is important because you will alter you Directlink setup which only works on preset 10.

To change the knob values first turn the knob you want to tweak so the controller knows which one you are working on. Next press the "Advanced" button and the black key with "Data 2" written over it. Now type the midi value with the number keys (6 and 4 for C5 Data 2) then press the "Enter" key. Press "Advanced" again, followed by "Data 3" and the midi value (1, 2 and 7 for C5 Data 3). You then turn the next knob and repeat.

EDIT Jan 6: Oops, found a mistake in my Enigma interpretation. The following are now correct.
    The midi values for the knobs are: C5 - Data 2=0 Data 3=64; C6 - Data 2=64 Data 3=0; C7 - Data 2=0 Data 3=64; C8 - Data 2=64 Data 3=0.

Save this program by pressing "Advanced" then "Store" (you should see P.0.1. if you do press enter, else key 01 then enter)

Now load the tsi I have attached in Traktor Pro. Note that it is Ean's programming, except the knobs and loop button (for the Echo Freeze) are remapped for the v3 midi note layout. The only funky thing is that the filter has to be turned on by clicking the buttons under the on screen filter (should be in the tsi, but check).

If you are using the FS-5U, make sure the polarity switch on the back is set away from the connector to get the right action.

Hope this helps. I will look into a stock remapping so that if Ean comes up with new mappings we can use them direct. I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers, Phil.
    Last edited by pilmat; 01-06-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast