Official Oxygen 8 Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thanks for the Oxygen v3 help. I was hoping someone would create a modification for the Oxygen 25 (which I also purchased to use for this mapping). I was able to modify the midi assignments for the knobs but I couldn't import your TSI file. I use a Mac, I assume you have a PC, the file name you have for your TSI has spaces in it so the Mac won't read it as a actual TSI file. Can you re-upload the file using underscores, dashes or no spaces so that Traktor on a Mac will open it?

Also can you include in your mapping assigning the one fader (C9) on the Oxygen 25 as a cross fader in Traktor?
    Last edited by mez; 01-06-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Mez,

Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping to get an answer to make sure it was easy to understand and that it worked.

I'm not sure why the tsi won't load on your system, I too am Mac based (since '97 baby!). I tried the tsi myself to make sure it worked, and it did (Traktor 1.2.3). However, when I get home this afternoon, I'll upload it with underscores.

Last night I also figured out how to get get midi mappings in and out of the Oxygen 25 v3. I have a little fine tuning to do, but I will soon post how to do it with a nice little piece of freeware. That way we can just use Ean's mapping (and any new onew people will post for the v2).

As for the crossfader, I will gladly put it in the tsi. In my midi mapping for Ean's tsi above, I have already done it. I have it so Deck A is on the bottom of the slider, let me know if you need instruction on how to put it on the top if you would prefer it that way.

All other feedback is greatly appreciated.

Later, Phil.
    Last edited by pilmat; 01-07-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Mez,

Try this version of the tsi. No spaces. It is exported from Traktor 1.2.3.

The crossfader is on there. But before you can use it, you have to remap the slider. Move the slider to select it, press "Advanced" then "Ctrl Asgn" (first white key), then key 99 and press "Enter". Now press "Advanced" and "Store" and put it in P.0.1.

Phil

Default How to use Ean's tsi for the Oxygen 8 v2 on an Oxygen 25 v3

First you need to follow the link and download a nice little freeware app called SysEx Librarian.
    http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
    Note that this is Mac only. For you PC guys and gals, just type "sysex free" into Google and you should find something that does the same thing.

What does the app do? If you have a midi device programmed a certain way and would like to preserve that programming, some midi device manufacturers give you the option to do SysEx Memory Dump. What this function does is "play" every midi control code (Midi CC) for each physical knob, key, button, slider, etc. What you need is a way to "hear" that memory dump. Some DAWs apparently have this capability, but GarageBand does not. So I found a free one that does (see above link).Now you have an exported midi mapping.

To get it back in (or upload it into another), all you have to do is load that file into the program and "play" it back. Now the controller goes into an auto re-mapping function and you are done!

Well, almost done in the Oxygen 25, you have to turn it off and back on for the new mapping to work.

So without further adieu, here is the mapping for an Oxygen 25 v3 for use with Ean's Oxy 8 v2 mapping. The only change to Ean's functionality is that your vertical slider is now a crossfader with the A deck on the bottom.

IMPORTANT: As the attachments in this forum can only be of certain types, I have changed the extension to .txt. You MUST change it back to .syx before importing it into the app.

If this is not clear as mud, ask away.

Cheers, Phil.

Tech Mentor

So i finally picked up a used Oxygen 8 off ebay to try this mapping out and i am still having trouble with the freeze button. I have read and re-read this post and i still cant find an answer. Whenever i turn the delay on the freeze automatically turns on and the actual freeze button doesnt function at all. I have loaded both the enigma file and the tsi, and the effects seem to be the only things that arent working. All the keys and the filters work perfectly, but the top row of knobs isnt working correctly. Help anyone?

@peedot - when i first used the loaded the tsi, the effects settings came out wrong - so I had to go into the mapping and alter the setting as to which effect it selected when the freeze button is pressed.

Before that though, you should try just flicking the switch at the back off and on again, as that's often been my problem.

Tech Student

I'm about to purchase an Oxygen 49 and would like to import Ean's mapping using Phil's process. Do you think it would be the same deal on a 49 or more complicated in any way. I.e. would i have to make adjustments to suit a different/larger layout? Or should i just get a 25? I would like some extra keys so that i could use it as a larger keyboard too..

Any advice greatly appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by Harj View Post
    I'm about to purchase an Oxygen 49 and would like to import Ean's mapping using Phil's process. Do you think it would be the same deal on a 49 or more complicated in any way. I.e. would i have to make adjustments to suit a different/larger layout? Or should i just get a 25? I would like some extra keys so that i could use it as a larger keyboard too..

Any advice greatly appreciated..
    Hi Harj, welcome to DJTT. And excellent use of the search!!

I don't see there being any problem importing the Oxy 25 settings into a 49. The extra faders and their buttons will not be reassigned and could be linked to other knobs, but that won't stop you from using Ean's mappings in Traktor.

And as an absolute worst case (if it does not work at all), I could explain to you how to midi program the 49 yourself (its easy, it just takes a little preperation and patience).

Cheers, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Student

Thats great news! thanks for the heads up..

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    First you need to follow the link and download a nice little freeware app called SysEx Librarian.
    http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
    Note that this is Mac only. For you PC guys and gals, just type "sysex free" into Google and you should find something that does the same thing.

What does the app do? If you have a midi device programmed a certain way and would like to preserve that programming, some midi device manufacturers give you the option to do SysEx Memory Dump. What this function does is "play" every midi control code (Midi CC) for each physical knob, key, button, slider, etc. What you need is a way to "hear" that memory dump. Some DAWs apparently have this capability, but GarageBand does not. So I found a free one that does (see above link).Now you have an exported midi mapping.

To get it back in (or upload it into another), all you have to do is load that file into the program and "play" it back. Now the controller goes into an auto re-mapping function and you are done!

Well, almost done in the Oxygen 25, you have to turn it off and back on for the new mapping to work.

So without further adieu, here is the mapping for an Oxygen 25 v3 for use with Ean's Oxy 8 v2 mapping. The only change to Ean's functionality is that your vertical slider is now a crossfader with the A deck on the bottom.

IMPORTANT: As the attachments in this forum can only be of certain types, I have changed the extension to .txt. You MUST change it back to .syx before importing it into the app.

If this is not clear as mud, ask away.

Cheers, Phil.
    You totally rock, my friend!
    This solution worked really well on my Oxygen 25, including the foot pedal control, but not for the slider, which I must remap, as you said in your previous post. Once again, you rock, dude. Many Thanks.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast